The Coming Storm

Y/n's POV

"I don't get it. The empty towns I passed through were all damaged or unfinished. This place looks fine." Ruby said. "Maybe everyone left in a hurry. Before things took a turn?" Weiss said. Qrow tried to open the door. "Stay on guard." he said. He kicked the door open and we all went inside. My knifes were out and I was not afraid to use them. I looked around. "Close the door already! It's cold enough in here as it is." Maria said. I got out of my defensive stance. I helped Oscar move a dresser in front of the door. "I saw chimney from the outside. Maybe we could get a fire going?" I asked. "I'll look for some blankets." Weiss said. "Yang, go with her." Qrow said. Yang nodded and went with Weiss. Oscar and I walked off. We found some wood and I used my knifes to make a spark to start a fire. I sat against a wall. The door opened and Qrow came in. "It's the same in every house." Qrow said. I was unnerved and my ears folded down. "What?" Yang asked. "Body's. Every bed in every house. It's like the whole estate went to sleep and never woke up." Qrow said. "Then we're not staying here, right?" Weiss asked. "We don't have a choice. The storm outside's only getting worse. We'd freeze to death before we made it." Qrow said. "Well, might as well get comfortable." Maria said. "Yeah, fat chance." Yang said. "Okay then, let's do something. If this place wasn't abandoned it might still have supplies we could use." Ruby said. "Yeah. Maybe even a car." I said. "I'll do another sweep of the grounds. No one else goes anywhere alone." Qrow said. "Yang and I can search the other buildings for vehicles." Blake said. "Fine. Whatever gets me out of this house." Yang said. I sat down on one of the couches after everyone left. Oscar took a seat next to me. "I'll tell you what, you keep that fire fed, and I'll find us a story before bed." Maria said. Oscar sighed and so did I. That's when I noticed that his hand was over mine. I didn't do anything about it. His hand was warm and I was freezing.