A Night Off

Y/n's POV

Everyone was training. I was fighting Zeke again. We were in a scenario that we were in an ally way. Zeke started to run toward me, sword ready to swing. I hopped from wall to wall, getting a high vantage point and dodging in the process. I came down from above, trying to pin Zeke down. He dodged and in one swift motion was able to knock my knifes away. He tripped me with his sword hilt. I was about to stand up when Zeke had his sword near my chest. It was silent until Zeke sighed. He put his sword on his back and extended his hand to help me up. I smiled and heaved myself up on his arm. I went and grabbed my knifes. "You've gotten better since I last saw you." Zeke said. "Not by much." I said as I put my knifes back on my belt. "No idea what you're talking about." Zeke said. The scenario faded. "Clover wasn't kidding. You're really giving this your all." Ironwood said as he walked in. "Well we have to with the way things are going." Ruby said. "They're not going well, are they?" Ironwood asked. "Better Robin than Jacques Schnee." Yang said. "I suppose so. Either way, this election doesn't boad well for stability." Ironwood said. "It could be a chance to work with Robin, and get Mantel on your side." Ruby said. "The likelihood of that working-" Ironwood got cut off. "She's right. You have to do something about Mantel. If you could get Robin to trust you..." Nora trailed off. "I bet if you open up to her she'd understand that you're being framed." Jaune said. "Perhaps. But it will only work if she's open too." Ironwood said. "I take it you're here for new mission assignments." Ren said. "You could say that. The General and I want you to take the rest of the day to recuperate." Clover said. "You're giving us a night off?" Blake asked. "Ordering it. After tonight's election, we'll be waking up to a very different Atlas tomorrow. I need you rested and ready for whatever that may be." Ironwood said.

~~time skip~~

Zeke had left to go to a movie with Jaune so Oscar and I were in the dorm alone. I was laying on one of the beds, staring at the ceiling. It was quiet until Oscar spoke up. "Hey Y/n?" he asked. I sat up. "Yeah?" I asked. "I have a question." he said. "Ask away." I said. "What does it feel like when you use your semblance?" he asked. "Um... I guess it's sort of like a small tingle that goes up my spine then there's a sort of click that happens, then boom! Clones!" I said. It went silent for a moment. "That's the best I've got. Sorry." I said as my ears folded back. "Don't apologize! That actually helps a lot." Oscar said. I looked over at my nightstand and saw my sharpener for my knifes. I grabbed it and flipped out one of my knifes. I started to sharpen away. Oscar and I talked for a few hours about some random stuff. It felt nice to have someone to talk to for once.