Our Way

Y/n's POV

The leviathan approached the city. It was under attack so it dove under the water. Messages came through on the radio. "This is your fault! Do you hear me?!" Caroline boomed. Yang and Blake ran up to the rest of the group. "Ruby!" Yang called out. "Yang! Blake! Are you okay?" Ruby asked. "What happened?" Blake asked. The leviathan roared. "Was that a giant Grimm?" Yang asked. "Yes. And we've just ruined the only thing capable of stopping it." Weiss said. "That's not 100% true." I said. "What do you mean?" Ruby asked. "I can control Grimm, but I haven't used this ability very much." I said. "You can do that?" Jaune asked. "Yeah. It comes with being the host of Salem's soul." I said. Everyone got on the ship and we took off. We flew toward the leviathan. "I'm so sorry." Blake said. "Don't be. This isn't on you." Zeke said. "But-" Blake started to say. "You're safe. That's all that matters." Ruby said. Blake and Ruby hugged. "I suppose I have to be the bad guy and say it. Getting the lamp to Atlas is still our top priority, and right now we have the perfect opportunity to head straight for it. We may not get another chance like this." Maria said. "No way." Yang said. "We can't leave. Not like this." Weiss said. "It's like you said. A Huntress is supposed to protect others to the bitter end." Blake said. "We need to head for the leviathan. Jaune, can you and Ren be ready to mask our ship?" Ruby asked. "I think we can manage." Ren said. "Got a few ideas?" Jaune asked. "I've got one if all else fails. Y/n, are you sure you can control that thing?" Ruby asked. "No, but I can try." I said. "Eyes up everybody. It's back." Qrow said. The leviathan emerged from the water. The city put up shields. The leviathan destroyed the first barrier. Ruby started to talk into the intercom. "We can?" Jaune asked. "I can." Ruby said. "Ruby, when I said trial by fire-" Maria got cut off. "I did it at Beacon and at the farm." Ruby said. "You really think you can do it now?" Weiss asked. "I don't have a choice." Ruby said. "Ren, you're up." Ruby said. Ren masked our ship. I took a deep breath to prepare myself to try my ability again. I'd only done it twice before. "We're too late! Pull up!" Qrow said. Zeke pulled on the control stick and barely got us out of the way. "Y/n! Now!" Ruby said. Jaune started to boost my aura. I put my hands up into a circle shape in front of my chest and I closed my eyes. My eyes opened and went completely f/c and time seemed to slow down. I could feel all of the Grimm presences in the area. I latched on to the largest one and tried to control it. Time retuned to normal as I tried to get the leviathan to leave the city alone, but I was struggling. Using this ability was tiring as hell. My eyes went back to normal and I dropped to my hands and knees. Oscar immediately took a knee next to me to check if I was okay. "It's too big." I said. "Hey, at least you got it to stop for a minute." Oscar said as he helped me stand up. I was shaking and a little bit unstable. I almost fell over multiple times, but Oscar was holding my hand so I wouldn't lose my balance. The leviathan broke through the second barrier and took out the top of a building. "It's on the move again. We need to stop it!" Blake said. "What do we do?" Yang asked. Ruby looked a Weiss. We circled the leviathan and Yang and Nora started to fire at it. "Is it working?" Blake asked. "Unfortunately, yes." Nora said. "Hang on!" Zeke said as we made a sharp turn. We kept making sharp turns, so Oscar and I sat down so I wouldn't fall over. There was a white flash and the leviathan was turned to stone. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief. The leviathan's head broke out of the stone. "I'll take it from here. After all, I was sworn to protect the people!" Caroline said as she changed the hand she had left into a drill and charged toward the leviathan. The leviathan disappeared into nothing. The mech ran off.

~~time skip~~

The stars were out. I was half asleep. "We should have just enough fuel to make it." Zeke said. Ruby was standing next to him and she started to walk away. "Hey Ruby. You did great out there today, kid. Just don't go giving heart attacks like that again." Qrow said. "I love you too." Ruby said as she hugged Qrow. She came back and sat with the rest of us. "I'm sorry you went through that nightmare. But I'm glad Yang was there for you in time." Weiss said to Blake. Blake smiled at her and so did Yang. "We were there for each other." Yang said. "Took the words right out of my mouth." Nora said. Oscar wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer. I leaned my head on his shoulder. I fell asleep within a few minutes.