War

Y/n's POV

We were arrested shortly after meeting with the Ace Ops. "We can't get the shields back up sir! The generators took too much damage!" a voice came through the radio. "Then don't waist resources on them. Beta squad, creature." Ironwood said. "We've tried bombs, missiles, but we can't make a dent sir!" the voice said again. "Sir. Schnee here. Penny is still MIA, but we've apprehended both the L/n's, Arc, Xiao Long, and Ren." Winter said. "Stand by for further orders and don't let those fugitives out of your sight." Ironwood said. "Yes sir. Of course." Winter said. "Still just following orders." Yang said. Winter didn't reply. We heard a groan from the large Grimm and we all looked out the front window. "That's... where the Grimm took Oscar. It's... bigger than I thought." Zeke said. "Grimm don't take prisoners." Vine said. "This one did. If you would just let us go-" I was cut off. "Cease fire. Manta squads, concentrate on secondary hostiles. Command is working on a solution for the creature." Ironwood said. "What do you have in mind sir?" Winter asked. "We aren't making any progress attacking that thing from the outside, but from the inside it might be vulnerable. Science team is putting together a bomb. When it's ready, we'll drop it off as close to the target as possible and your team will deliver it, on foot. Send your rendezvous coordinates now." Ironwood said. "Of course sir. We will hold the point and we will get it done." Winter said. "But Oscar's in there!" Jaune said. "You can't do this!" Yang said as she stood up. The Ace Ops forced her down again. Winter's hands were shaking. "You can't blow it up with Oscar still in there." Yang said. "That creature causes more damage every minute. We can not wait." Vine said. "Please! Winter! Give us a chance to try to rescue him first. We... We could be your test run!" I said as I stood up. Winter stayed silent. "You don't know what will be waiting for you inside, right? So, we could go ahead to check it out. And look for Oscar while we're inside." I added. My necklace started to glow again. Everyone was shocked for a moment and everyone could tell that I was determined. "You would go inside that thing alone?" Marrow asked. "Wouldn't you do it for Elm, Harriet? Vine?" Yang asked. "We don't let feelings get in the way of making the right call. Trading 5 lives for one is stupid." Elm said. "No it's not. He's our friend. We will do whatever it takes to find him because we care about him. Y/n especially. She'd give her life for him in any circumstance." Ren said. I nodded. "See the necklace? That necklace usually only works in moonlight, but she has made a connection to him. That's why it's glowing now." Zeke said. Harriet turned around. "I really had you packed as the most level headed of the bunch, Ren. But I guess you're the same. Feelings don't matter. The job matters. When you lose someone on your team, you move on. Replace them. Like Marrow replaced Tortuga and Winter replaced-" Ren cut Harriet off. "No! No one is replaceable." he said. He looked like he saw something he didn't want to. "You don't really believe that. You are furious about losing Clover, and you... you miss him." Ren said. "You don't know anything about me." Harriet said. Ren looked from Ace Op to Ace Op. "That's why you lost against team RWBY. You... you try to fight how you feel about each other so you'll never truly work as a team." Ren said. "Shut up! You don't know what you're talking about!" Elm yelled. She went for a hit but was stopped by Winter. "Everyone calm down." Winter said. She looked from Yang, to Zeke, to me, to Jaune, and then to Ren. "Fine. We'll drop you as close as we can to the monster." Winter said. "You can't be serious. They're fugitives! And traitors!" Harriet said. "I outrank you. If you aren't out in time, we drop the payload. No matter what." Winter said. "We understand." Zeke said. We were released from the handcuffs and landed. One of the doors opened. "You don't like this either. In fact, you don't want to be a part of it at all anymore." Ren said as he approached Marrow. Marrow sighed. "I have a job to do, and I'm going to do it." Marrow said. I turned my knifes into Divine Light. I took a few steps back and ran towards the door. Right before the edge of the airship I stuck Divine Light into the floor and launched myself out of the ship.