True Colors

Y/n's POV

Salem, Ozpin, and Qrow were all sitting together on the couches. "Thing's aren't looking good." Qrow said. "Ever the optimist." Salem said. "While I would not say our current predicament is ideal, I think we could all agree that the situation could be much worse. Humanity is a resilient force." Ozpin said. "Oz. Pro Huntsmen like that don't just bite it all at once. Cinder's powerful. It seems like her reach is growing by the day. What does that say about humanity?" Qrow said. "That there are indeed a misguided few who have filled their hearts with malice. It doesn't take a great number of people to cause harm. I still believe there are far more people who are willing to prevent it." Salem said. "Um, excuse me?" Ruby said. "Ah. Miss Rose. Join us. We were just about to gather everyone to discus our next steps." Ozpin said. "Oh. Great." Ruby said. "Something on your mind kiddo?" Qrow asked. "Uh, i-if it's okay to ask." Ruby said. "Of course." Qrow said. "Well, uh, we've been talking about the relic at Haven and the spring maiden, but what about the fall maiden?" Ruby asked. "Cinder." Salem said. "Does that mean that she has the Beacon relic?" Ruby asked. "Very astute, Miss Rose. I was wondering who would be the first to ask. No. Thankfully she does not. It's true that the relic at Haven is very much at risk, and for now, that should remain our primary focus. Let's just say I made finding the relic at Beacon more challenging than at the other schools." Ozpin said. "Oh. That's good to hear." Ruby said. "It is. But let's not forget the challenges that still lie before us." Salem said. Ruby nodded. "Now, is there anything else we can help you with?" Ozpin said. "Well, I did have one more question." Ruby said. "No, my cane is not a relic." Ozpin said. "I have no more questions." Ruby said. Everyone shared a small laugh. "Yes, while this cane is indeed very precious to me, it is also just that. Precious to me. Though I admit it still has a few tricks up its sleeve, I can firmly say that being a relic is not one of them. Now why don't you run and get the other students." Ozpin said. Qrow had a call incoming and he answered it. He talked to the person and ended the call. "Who was it?" Ruby asked. "It was Leo. Says he had a breakthrough with the counsel. Thinks he might be able to get together a small raiding party for the bandits. He wants us to meet up at the school tomorrow night to walk us through it." Qrow said. "Really? That's great! I'll go get the others!" Ruby said as she ran out of the room. "Hm... That sounds drastically different from your original conversation, does it not?" Salem said. "It does." Qrow said. "Interesting." Salem said. "Things aren't looking good." Qrow said. "We know." Ozpin said.