Out in the Open

Y/n's POV

"Damn it!" I yelled once we had gotten back to the dorms. I punched the wall closest to me. It hurt and I shook my hand, trying to get rid of the stupidity of my action. "Everyone else is down there defending Mantle and we're sitting here doing nothing! It just feels..." I trailed off. "Wrong. I know. I wish that we were down there defending Mantle too, but there's not much we can do now." Oscar said. He was on his scroll. There was a short moment of silence before Oscar said, "Y/n, I think you're gonna want to see this." I walked over to him and looked at his scroll. Robin was on it. "Atlas, Mantle. I know you're scared. I'm here with General Ironwood, and we have a message for you. What he has to say may sound unbelievable, but it is all true." she said. "A terrible evil lies outside our kingdom. It was responsible the destruction of Beacon. The attack on Haven, and for the recent attacks on Mantle. This powerful force goes by the name of Cinder." Ironwood said. "He's actually doing it. He's telling them." I said. "Cinder seeks only to divide us. To turn us against each other. If she can insight hatred in us, then we will lure the Grimm, and destroy ourselves." Ironwood said. "Cinder herself does not work alone. Her minions have invaded our very city." Robin said. "Aurther Watts and Tyrian Callows. These men are the ones responsible for the recent murders in Mantle, and the sabotage of the heating, but we can not let ourselves get into fear and panic. That is what she wants! Instead we must unite and fight back together, every single one of us! This, my friends, is why I was forced to divert resources from Mantle, for the Animy Communications tower. Animy Tower is now completed and ready to launch. It will establish global communications. The council and I have decided to evacuate everyone in Mantle to Atlas. I'm withdrawing all defenses from Animy to assist with the Grimm in Mantle." Ironwood said. "We must put aside our differences and band together to defeat this threat! I fully support General Ironwood's plan!" Robin said. Oscar closed the transmission. "Looks like we might be helping people from Mantle after all." Oscar said.