Witch

Y/n's POV

There was a large Grimm hoard in front of us. Everyone got ready to fight. "Guys, I have an idea. Stand down." I said. What am I saying? I thought frantically. Everyone was confused, but did what I said. I stabbed Divine Light into the ground and that cleared a path through the Grimm. "Let's move." I said over my shoulder. I put Divine Light on my belt and we started to run. It took us a little while but we made it inside the giant Grimm. We ran through the halls. We came to a stop in the middle of one of the halls to catch our breath. My ears perked up and I turned around. "Well that was heroic." Yang said. "We're not in the clear yet. We still have to go through this whole thing and find Oscar, or the Ace Ops blow us to pieces." I said. "How are we supposed to find Oscar? It's going to be like finding a needle in a... giant whale." Zeke said. "Why did we think this was a good idea?" Yang asked. "I... I might be able to help. I can sense spikes of people's emotions, I think. It happened on Winter's ship. If I focus my aura I can keep it up." Ren said. "Okay. That's new. Maybe one of them is Oscar?" Yang said. "I can sort of tell where they are, but not who. They're more or less in the same area though. Further in. I can lead." Ren said. "Hey. You don't have to drain yourself. I can help too." Jaune said. "Or you could let me lead. I'm the one with the magic necklace." I said as my necklace started to glow. "Right. Lead the way." Jaune said. We walked through a bunch of halls, but none were the right ones. I'd never noticed this about the necklace before, but it drained my aura slowly. I was starting to get weak. The aura drainage sped up. Jaune noticed and started to boost my aura. "Thanks." I said. The walk continued. Jaune's aura showed. We stopped and I turned around. "Sorry." Jaune said. "It's not your fault. The necklace must speed up the aura drain the longer it's active." I said. "Do you guys need a minute?" Zeke asked. "We don't know how much longer we have. Why don't you only used the necklace for a little bit at a time? Just to tell if we're going in the right direction, and I can scout ahead." Jaune said. "Yeah. We should be going straight for a while." I said. Jaune nodded and ran off. "Are we sure he's going to be okay?" Yang asked. "No, but we can count on him. It's okay to be afraid, you know. You don't always have to hide it with a joke." Ren said. "Glad I'm not the only one who's scared." Yang said. "Me too." Zeke said. "Same with me." I said. "Of course we're all scared. Him, on the other hand, there's no fear at all. I can see it. He believes we're going to get this done. Same with you, Y/n." Ren said. "Then I do too." Zeke said. Yang nodded in agreement. Jaune came running back. He ushered us into a small alcove. "Mask us, Ren." Jaune said. Zeke drew his sword and stood in front of me. Ren masked us. His aura flickered. A ball of fire passed by. Ren's aura disappeared. We were attacked by a few small Grimm, but nothing we couldn't handle. "What now?" Ren asked. "Let's do what we do best. Charge blindly into danger!" Yang said. "I would have gone with keep moving forward, but sure. Y/n." Jaune said. "Move forward. No matter what." I said. We all started to run. I turned Divine Light into my knifes again. We found Hazel and Emerald. "You." I said. "No! Wait! Stop!" Hazel said. The illusion of Hazel faded to reveal Oscar. He was in pretty bad shape, but that didn't matter. I dropped my knifes and ran over and hugged him. He tensed up for a moment, but hugged me back. Everyone else walked over. I broke the hug. Oscar and I started at each other for a moment before Oscar pressed his forehead against mine gently. "I knew I sensed some weak minds nearby." Emerald said. "What's... going on here?" Zeke asked as he handed me my knifes. "It's a long story." Oscar said. "You're gonna have to try and summarize it. Why should we trust you?" Yang asked. "Because she's scared. Just like us." Ren said. "Or maybe because I know how to get out of here. Anybody coming?" Emerald asked. We followed her. "We're almost out!" Oscar said over his shoulder once we got to some sort of landing platform. The floor shook. "What is that?" Jaune asked. "It's her." Emerald said. I heard a screeching sound and I covered my human ears while me cat ears folded back. Everyone else did the same. A burst of fire came from the wall to reveal Cinder. We were all knocked back. Her eyes darted to Oscar then to Emerald. Emerald tried to run, but was caught by Cinder. "You really have been honing that semblance of yours." Cinder said. I pulled out my knifes and turned them into Divine Light and gave a quick swing of my long ranged attack. Cinder sent a pillar of flames towards Jaune, Ren, Yang, and Zeke. Jaune was quick to defend them, but they were knocked into a wall. Yang went in for an attack, but was blocked. Oscar grabbed my hand and looked at me. I nodded. "Let them go!" we yelled at the same time. We used some of our magic. Cinder got angry and threw Yang at us. We were thrown back. Grimm arms came up from the ground and forced all of us to the ground. I was more focused on my team, so I was tuning out everything Cinder was saying. Cinder turned her attention from Emerald to Oscar. I was terrified. My eyes widened in fear. "Y/n. Grimm shackles. You can take care of this." Salem said. You're right. I can I told her through my thoughts. I closed my eyes and focused on the Grimm arms pulling me down. I could feel their grip loosen. The arms fell to the floor, lifeless. I quickly stood up and opened my eyes again. Oscar had been set free and he had his cane again. I sent all of Grimm arms off of my friends and Emerald. "Go! Now!" Hazel yelled as he injected dust into his body. "Hazel." Emerald said as she shook her head. "Go." Hazel said. Cinder sent off fire and some other things that made quick work of Hazel. Everyone ran except for me and Oscar. "Y/n! Oscar!" Zeke yelled from behind us. "She'll just come after us." Oscar said as he extended his cane. His cane started to glow and a sort of light wound from my hand to Divine Light's blades. Cinder charged for us but Hazel came down from above and tackled her. Cinder summoned more Grimm arms from the ground, but I kept them at bay. I summoned 18 clones, 9 of me, and 9 of Oscar. Oscar was surprised, but rolled with it. "Do it." Hazel said. Cinder sent out flames, taking out all the clones. Oscar grabbed my hand and held up his weapon. I held up Divine Light and touched Oscar's cane with the blade. A protective bubble formed around us and we sent out a stream of magic.