Dead End

Quick thing before you start to read! I will be referring to the guards at the military base as G1 and G2

Y/n's POV

"Come on! You didn't even hear out!" Yang yelled at the guards that just shut the gate to the military base. "Our orders are clear. The Mistral Atlas border is closed." G1 said. "Please." G2 said. "Have a good day." G1 finished. "But-" Yang got cut off. "A good day!" the guards both said at the same time. "Hey, if you don't want to believe that I'm friends Ironwood-" Qrow got cut off. "General Ironwood." the guards said. "Yeah, General Ironwood, then fine. But look, we have Weiss Schnee with us and we're trying to get her home safely." Qrow said. G1 and G2 looked at each other for a moment. "Approach." the said. Weiss walked forward. The guards looked at her for a minute. "Very well." they said. "You may speak with our commanding officer." G2 said. "We will fetch her at once." G1 said. They started to walk away. "They were kind of..." Blake started to say. "Super weird. Uh, yeah." Ruby said. "Hm..." Maria said. "What's wrong?" Oscar asked her. "Well, I may know this commanding officer." Maria said. "That's good, isn't it? If she's your friend than maybe she'd be more willing to help us." Ruby said. "I wouldn't exactly call us friends." Maria said. "Acquaintances?" Weiss said. "Not quite." Maria said. "Colleagues?" Blake suggested. "Former." Maria said. "Enemies?" Yang asked. "That's the one!" Maria said. "Wait, what?" I said. "Oh, yes. I come though here about once every 10 years to get my eyes checked up in Atlas. You bring outside cashews on one flight and suddenly you're placed on the additional screening list for life!" Maria said. I facepalmed. "You've gotta be kidding me." Qrow said. "Now now. Let's not give up hope yet. Maybe she's dead." Maria said. Suddenly the gates opened. "Introducing." G2 said. "Special operative." G1 said. "Caroline Cordovan." they said. She was short. Very short. She walked over to Maria. "Witch." she said. "She-devil." Maria said. "Hm. I see you've chosen large contraband to smuggle this time." Caroline said. "Oh Cordo. You know they say time changes people, but I see that you still got that stick-" Maria was cut off. "Hello! Miss, uh, Cordovan. My name is Ruby Rose and I was wondering if you would hear us out about-" Ruby got cut off. "I've already heard what you're other friends had to say, Miss Rose. What are you doing back here? I thought I told you to leave!" Caroline said. "And I told you we wouldn't rest until you let us through!" Nora yelled. Jaune, Ren, and Zeke all had to stop Nora from running at Caroline. "Nice to see you again as well!" Ren said. "You civilians are clearly incapable of comprehending the importance of our mission here in Argus! So, allow me to say this slowly with smaller words. This base, that relay tower, the very safety of Argus are all gifts from the glorious kingdom of Atlas and it is my duty to a pull them as only I have the wit and tenacity for such a task." Caroline said. "Such wit!" G1 said. "Such tenacity!" G2 said. "Or maybe Atlas just wanted to get you a far from the kingdom as possible." Maria said. "You're just like the rest of these Argus ingrates. The city wouldn't even be here if it went for our elysian ancestors, and what do we get in return? The entire world is ready to put a knife to our throats." Caroline said. Well I can do that to get you to shut up. I thought to myself. "Please, we know your kingdom had nothing to do with the fall of Beacon. We were there." Ruby said. "No one's happy about the Atlas boarders or embargo, but I know General Ironwood is just worried. It's why we need to talk-" Weiss got cut off. "The general is no coward! Atlas is strong! If all the kingdoms planned to make us their enemy, so be it! Atlas will prevail!" Caroline yelled. "Atlas will prevail!" the guards yelled. "Do you guys seriously have to do that?" Yang asked, clearly annoyed. "If Miss Schnee has truly come to her senses and wishes to return to her family, then of course the Atlas military escort her home. But the kingdom will not be responsible for her friends of questionable character." Caroline said as she looked at Blake and me. My ears folded down. Oscar looked at me, as if to check if I was okay. I wasn't and it was all over my face. Oscar grabbed my hand and my mood changed. I smiled at him. I could tell that Zeke was mad and glaring daggers at Caroline. "What's that supposed to mean?" Weiss asked. "It means we're done here." Caroline said. The gate shut again. "Oh yeah? Well your face looks like a big dumb boot!" Nora said. "Way to show her Nora." Jaune said. "I don't..." Weiss started to say. "Weiss, I told you we wouldn't leave your side for a second. We'll find a way to Atlas. Together." Ruby said. Weiss nodded. Qrow started to walk away. "So, where are we going now?" Ruby asked. "Yeah. What's the plan?" Nora asked. "The plan? The plan just got shut on our face three times over. I'm going for a drink." Qrow said. "Uncle Qrow, I really think we should try and come up with something together." Ruby said. Qrow didn't stop. "What's his problem? It's not your fault we can't go on." Zeke said. "If he's going to be a jerk, then we'll just come up with something without him. I mean, we've got Ozpin and Salem with us. They usually know what to do." Nora said. Oscar and I both looked at the ground. "What is it?" Ren asked. 

~~time skip~~

Jaune punched a wall. Oscar and I were standing near the staircase, still not looking at anyone. My ears were folded down. "Jaune!" Ruby said. "Everything we did was for nothing!" Jaune said. "That's not true." Blake said. "Really? Cause it sure does sound like it." Nora said. "If Cinder can't be killed, than how are we supposed to win this?" Ren asked. There was a moment of silence. Oscar and I looked at each other, then looked away again. "Wow. Great plan everyone." Jaune said sarcastically. "Look, none of this is great, we know. But we're not the bad guys here." Oscar said. "Are we sure about that?" Jaune asked. "What?" I said. "They're in your heads, aren't they? Did you already know about this?" Jaune asked. I stepped in front of Oscar so if Jaune tried anything, he would hurt me instead. "They didn't know anything!" Weiss said. Jaune grabbed me by my shirt and slammed me into a wall. "How much longer can we even trust them?" Jaune yelled. "Jaune!" Yang said. "How do we even know it's really them? What if we've been talking to those liars this whole time?" Jaune yelled. "Jaune!" Ruby yelled. I put my hands up in surrender. My hands were shaking. I was terrified. Jaune let me go. He stared at me and then went upstairs. I put my hands down. Oscar came over to me. "Is he going to be okay?" Yang asked. "I don't know!" Nora said. She went upstairs as well. "I think it would be best if we all had some time to ourselves." Ren said. He moved toward the stairs and Zeke followed. "Maybe we could all use some space." Blake said. I sighed. Oscar and I left to clear our heads. "Hey, you okay?" he asked me. "No. Why would I be?" I said. "I figured I'd ask. But I have one question." he said. "Ask away." I said. "Why are you always so willing to protect me?" he asked. I stopped. "What?" I said. "I mean, you protected me from Hazel at Haven and you just took a hit for me. Why?" he said. "I don't know. It's just this random instinct I have. If I ever saw you get hurt, I could never forgive myself for not taking that hit instead." I said. "Well, you don't have to protect me from everything." he said. He came over to me and grabbed my hand. "You've already strained yourself enough. Let me protect you instead." he said. I gave a small smile and we continued walking.