Him and I

POV TENKO

Spinner talks too much. This isn't news to me or anything since we've been living together for almost four years now, but it never fails to piss me off. He's a big talker, an insolent complainer, and he always feels the need to have the last word. Dabi used to be like that, too, but I think Hawks whipped him into shape, more or less. But the thing is, I could deal with Dabi's shithead complaining and constant bitching. Spinner is a whole different story, mainly because I wish he was dead. 

"We need to stop All For One," Spinner says, stumbling to get his balance back. I don't help him for two reasons: 1) I'm almost as weak and injured as, if not more than, he is. And 2) I want to see him fall on his stupid crusty face. 

"Yeah, I know that," I snap back at him.

"But we're both too weak to make a dent," Spinner continues. 

"Oh my fucking God, I know that! Are you going to be helpful or has master beat you over the head one too many times?"

Spinners frowns. "That's not funny."

"It was a genuine question, Sherlock."

"He beat you, too."

"And yet I still have working braincells and don't point out the fucking obvious when we clearly do not have the time for that!"

Spinner crosses his arms over his chest, probably trying to not look as pathetic as he felt. "You don't have to be so mean about it, Tomura."

I pinch the bridge of my nose to stop the oncoming migraine. Spinner is quite literally the worst. I think I'd rather him be under All For One's brainwash, trying to kill me. This mentally ill simp shit is going to be the death of me. 

"Since you hate everything I'm saying," Spinner goes on, much to my dismay, "what do you think we should do?"

"Let's use our quirks on each other," I say sarcastically. 

Spinner's frown deepens. "I have a mutant quirk, though."

"Man, I guess I'll go first then."

"Tomura, you're not helping."

"And you are?"

"We need to be serious about this or else AFO will kill everyone."

I scoff. 

"The consequences will be deadly if we don't do something to help," Spinner says. "We need to come up with a plan."

I don't criticize his Captain Obvious behavior this time. Because he's right. Compress, Dabi, and Eraserhead are in danger. My family is in danger. Shouta is in danger. I can't let anything else happen to them, so if I have to work with braindead, shit-at-league-of-legends Spinner, then so be it. 

"So?" I say with a sharp sigh. "You've been rambling this whole time. Do you have a plan?"

Spinner half-shrugs. "Kind of? I was thinking we could use the element of surprise. If you can get five fingers on him while your bummy boyfriend--"

"Watch your mouth, you brainless reptile. I'll skin you alive and sell the scales on Etsy."

"--Uh, I- Anyways, if you can use your quirk on him at the same time as Eraserhead, then he'll be reduced to ashes. Simply, right?"

I nod hesitantly. "Sounds too good to be true. I think I'm still concussed, and I'm a lot slower because of my other injuries, even after Recovery Girl healed me. I'm exhausted, too. If I don't get there in time, All For One will just end up beating the shit out of me."