5

"Thanks again for dinner." Puck said when he and Beth returned to Quinn and Biff's apartment. "You didn't have to pay for us."

"You're our guests." Biff responded. "We're happy to."

"Thanks." Puck repeated as he looked at Beth. "What do you say, B?"

Beth mumbled a thank you.

"She's still jet-lagged." Puck told Quinn and Biff. "She'll be better tomorrow."

"Of course." Biff nodded.

"Mommy, let's go play." Beth said, taking Quinn's hand.

"Okay." Quinn smiled, and the girls ran off, leaving Puck and Biff alone.

"I should probably sneak out of here while Beth's distracted." Puck suggested.

"You should stay." Biff replied.

Puck furrowed his eyebrow.

"Quinn suggested that we get to know each other a little better." Biff clarified.

"Okay." Puck nodded slowly. "Well, I don't know how much you know about me, but I'm a musician."

"A musician?" Biff repeated. "How unconventional."

"Yeah, well, school's for suckers and I've always been pretty good at singing and songwriting." Puck shrugged.

"But isn't that kind of a hobby and not a career path?" Biff asked. "I mean, especially when you have a young daughter to worry about."

"I've made it into a career while having full custody of my daughter, so I think I'm doing pretty good." Puck responded.

Biff nodded slowly. "And the money's good?"

"Yeah, it was hard in the beginning trying to balance everything, but I won a Grammy earlier this year, and I have my second album coming out in October." Puck explained.

"Congratulations." Biff said. "Quinn never mentioned that."

"Quinn doesn't like to brag about me." Puck replied. "And what about you? What do you do?"

Biff nodded slowly. "Right, well, I work in finance. And I'm sure you know that Quinn's gonna be a realtor."

"A realtor?" Puck repeated.

"Yeah, someone who works in real estate." Biff clarified.

"I know what a realtor is." Puck rolled his eyes. "I'm just surprised."

"Why?" Biff asked.

"Quinn's really talented." Puck answered. "Real estate is kind of a waste for her."

"It's what she wants." Biff noted.

"I'm sure."