4

"Honey, I'm home!"

Quinn jumped up and looked at Puck. "Excuse me."

Puck nodded and waited on the couch while Beth slept on his lap.

A few seconds later, Quinn returned with Biff.

"Sweetie, you remember Noah." Quinn said. "And Beth."

"Of course." Biff nodded, shaking Puck's hand. "It's good to see you."

"You, too." Puck nodded back.

"When Beth's awake, why don't we all go out to dinner?" Biff suggested. "To give Quinn a break from cooking."

Puck raised his eyebrow. "Quinn cooks?"

"She and I agreed that while I'm the breadwinner, she should maintain the home, including cooking." Biff explained. "So she's been taking classes since she's not very good at it."

Puck looked at Quinn.

"He's exaggerating." Quinn insisted. "I'm actually pretty good. It's just that I've never really had to cook before, so it's been a learning curve."

"Well, you're the smartest person I know, so if I can do it, you can, too." Puck told Quinn.

"Quinn's the smartest person you know?" Biff asked.

"Totally." Puck answered. "She's a genius. She knows everything. And she maintained a 4.0 GPA all throughout high school, including during the pregnancy and after her car accident."

"Right, well, anyway." Biff muttered. "I'm gonna get changed and ready for dinner. Excuse me."

Biff left the room, and Puck looked at Quinn.

"Now I know why Beth said he's mean."

"Shhh." Quinn hushed Puck. "He's just teasing me."

"I don't like him." Puck decided.

"You don't like anyone." Quinn retorted.

"Yeah, but I especially don't like him." Puck clarified.

"You don't even know him." Quinn stated. "Please just... give him a chance. For me? I want Beth to wanna come here, and if she sees how resistant you are, she'll copy you."

"Beth doesn't copy me." Puck argued.

"Are you kidding?" Quinn asked. "Beth always wants to be just like you."

Puck looked at Quinn.

"Please, Noah." Quinn requested.

Puck exhaled slowly. "If this was anyone else, I wouldn't, but since it's you, I'll give it a shot."

"Thank you."