46

"Hey."

"Hey." Puck replied. "I'm gonna be, like, really late tonight. Are you okay with Beth?"

"Yeah, of course." Quinn said. "We're fine."

"Can you get her dinner?" Puck requested. "And make sure she eats? She's picky and she's a bad eater."

"I'll take care of it." Quinn promised.

"And get her to take a bath and go to bed on time." Puck added. "She'll try to snuggle you to get to watch an extra movie, but stay strong."

"Noah, I got it." Quinn noted. "Beth is fine."

"I know." Puck said. "Yeah."

"Yeah." Quinn repeated. "So where are you?"

"I'm doing something for work." Puck replied. "I gotta go. I'll see you tonight. Call me if you or Beth need me."

"Have fun." Quinn said before hanging up.

Puck looked at the woman waiting for him and smirked. "Sorry about that. Now where were we?"

-

When Puck got home, he found Quinn in the living room on the phone.

"I have to go, he just walked in." Quinn muttered into the phone. "I will. Bye."

"Who was that?" Puck asked when Quinn pocketed her phone.

"Santana." Quinn answered.

"Santana's still up? It's like five in the morning in New York." Puck noted.

"She just got up for work." Quinn replied, pausing for a moment. "You could've told me you were going on a date tonight."

"Is that what she called about?" Puck asked.

"She said she saw something about you on one of those gossip sites." Quinn answered. "So she called me to see if it was true and to check in on me."

Puck didn't say anything.

"I'm gonna go to bed." Quinn decided. "It's late."

"Wait." Puck requested. "Do we need to talk about this?"

"Why would we need to talk about it?" Quinn wondered.

"Because you're mad." Puck noted.

"I'm not mad." Quinn said.

"I know when you're mad, Q." Puck stated. "I'm an expert 'cause it's usually because of me."

"I'm not mad." Quinn insisted.

"Quinn." Puck said.

"I told you I hate fighting with you." Quinn reminded Puck. "It's exhausting."

"So let's just talk." Puck suggested. "Like adults."

"You said you wanted to be with me." Quinn said. "And now you're with someone else."

"I'm not with someone else." Puck shook his head. "It's just sex."

Quinn looked at Puck.

"You told me you needed time to figure things out." Puck reminded Quinn. "I'm not a mindreader, so if that changed, you need to tell me."

Quinn paused, and for a second, Puck saw right through her.

"It... It didn't. Goodnight."