21

Puck parked the car in front of the Fabray house and walked to the door. He knocked and waited.

The door opened and Judy stood there. "Come in, Noah."

Puck entered the house and closed the door as Judy excused herself to get Beth's stuffed animal.

Puck kept himself busy while he waited for Judy to return, pausing when he heard a knock on the front door.

"Mrs. Fabray, someone's at the door." Puck called.

Judy didn't answer, so Puck went to the door and opened it, pausing when he saw Quinn.

"Quinn?"

"N-Noah." Quinn stuttered. "What are you doing here?"

"Beth left something here." Puck answered. "What are you doing here? And what happened to your eye?"

"This is my mom's house." Quinn noted, pushing past Puck as she entered the house.

"Wait." Puck said. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been such a dick on the phone, or in person, and I'm sorry."

"I didn't come here to see you." Quinn responded.

"I'm trying to make things right between us and now you're being a dick." Puck muttered.

Quinn's eyes welled up with tears and she took a deep breath, but she still broke down.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm sorry." Puck apologized. "Please don't get upset."

"I'm not crying because of you." Quinn told Puck as Judy returned.

"Noah, I..." Judy trailed off when she saw Quinn. "Quinny, thank god. Come here."

"Mommy." Quinn cried as Judy hurried over and pulled her into her arms.

Puck furrowed his eyebrow as he watched the Fabrays hold each other.

"Oh, Noah, here." Judy said, handing him the doll.

"Is everything okay?" Puck wondered.

"Quinny will call you later, okay?"

"Okay." Puck muttered slowly as he hesitantly left the Fabray house.

-

Puck tucked Beth in and waited for Quinn's call. He waited over an hour before he decided to call Santana.

"Hey." Santana replied. "How's Lima?"

"It's Lima." Puck stated. "I just saw Quinn at her mom's. She was really upset. Do you know anything about that?"

"Kinda." Santana answered.

"Kinda?" Puck repeated.

"Finn just called me." Santana noted. "He said he dropped Quinn off at the airport and wanted to know if I heard from her or from you."

"Did he say anything?" Puck asked.

"He and Rachel had dinner with Quinn and Biff." Santana said. "Finn said that Quinn accidentally burned some of the food and Biff went nuts. Finn stood up for her, and then he and Biff were arguing."

"And?" Puck prompted Santana, knowing there was more.

"And Biff hit Quinn." Santana admitted.

"He hit her?!" Puck questioned Santana.

"Apparently he was aiming for Finn." Santana muttered. "He offered to take her to the hospital, but she said no and asked Finn to take her to the airport instead."

"I'm gonna kick that guy's ass." Puck decided.

"No." Santana said. "Look, Quinn's embarrassed and doesn't want you doing anything to make things worse. Finn said she didn't want anyone to call you."

"This is my daughter's mother." Puck reminded Santana. "She really thinks I'm just gonna sit back and let this stuff happen?"

"Let her come to you when she's ready." Santana advised Puck. "You said she's with her mom, right? So she's safe."

"Santana." Puck muttered.

"Please." Santana requested. "Let her handle this her way."