23

"Can you take Beth out to dinner?" Puck requested. "I'll give you money, but I'm gonna go see Quinn."

"Quinn?" Sarah repeated. "I thought you were fighting. It sure sounded like that when you told her to fuck off."

"Easy." Puck commanded. "We're gonna talk. Can you take Beth out for dinner or not?"

"Sure." Sarah replied. "Is the diner okay?"

"Anywhere is fine." Puck nodded, handing Sarah way more than enough money. "I gotta go. I don't want her to see me leave."

"Okay." Sarah said. "Say hi to Quinn for me."

"I will." Puck promised as he left.

-

When Puck parked the car, he got out and lit a cigarette. He took a drag to calm himself down while he waited for Quinn.

A few minutes later, Puck saw Quinn's mom's car pull up. He tossed his cigarette to the ground when Quinn got out of the car.

"I saw that." Quinn said.

"Yeah, sorry." Puck apologized. "We can talk about that, too."

"Why don't we go inside and get a table?" Quinn suggested.

"Okay." Puck nodded.

The pair went inside and were seated right away.

"Thanks for meeting me." Quinn began. "I know you were pretty pissed about everything, and rightfully so."

Puck shook his head but let Quinn continue.

"I thought that was the life I wanted. I really thought I could convince myself to be happy with him and whatever he wanted for me."

"It's okay." Puck reassured Quinn.

"No." Quinn shook her head. "Because you knew I wasn't happy. And Santana knew. And I've pushed her and Finn and everyone away for months because of him."

"We all understand." Puck said.

"I talked to my mom last night about everything." Quinn explained. "I'm leaving him."

"Good." Puck noted.

"Thankfully, we're not married, which will make it a little easier." Quinn replied. "But I'm gonna spend the rest of the summer with my mom while I get to know myself and what I want again."

"As much as I wanna tell you to come home with me and Beth, I think that's a good idea." Puck stated. "I want you to be happy."

"Thank you." Quinn smiled slightly.

"I'm really proud of how strong you're being, Q." Puck added. "I know this must be hard for you."

"I started thinking about everything when you said you didn't want Beth to be a part of it anymore." Quinn admitted. "And that was before you knew about everything else, but I just thought about how much she means to me, and she means more to me than any relationship or career."

"Yeah, me, too." Puck nodded.

"I don't think I wanna be a realtor." Quinn said.

"I kind of figured since I've never heard you mention that before." Puck responded.

Quinn smiled slightly. "I'm gonna figure out if I'm still passionate about singing and dancing and acting, which I think I am, so hopefully, I still have some talent that hasn't been drained by Biff."

"No one could ever take that away from you." Puck told her. "Seriously."

"I appreciate that."