27

"Thank you both for all your help today." Quinn said, closing the trunk of her car when it was fully loaded. "Finn, I wanna get out of here, and Noah should get back to Beth, but I'll treat you to lunch next time as a thank you, okay?"

"You don't have to do that." Finn told Quinn. "I'm just glad you're out of there."

"Me, too." Quinn agreed as she hugged Finn. "Thank you for everything."

"Anytime." Finn nodded as he gently squeezed Quinn and rubbed her back. "Call if you need anything, or if you wanna come back to New York and need a place to stay."

"Thank you." Quinn nodded back as they parted. She looked at Puck. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah." Puck said. "I'll drive."

"I'll drive the second half then." Quinn decided.

"Sure." Puck muttered as he said goodbye to Finn. "Thanks for coming with us."

"Call me if you need anything." Finn told Puck. "Drive safe."

"Thanks."

The boys said goodbye, and then Puck and Quinn got in the car. Finn waved as they headed out.

"Are you okay?" Puck asked. "Well, of course you're not okay, but do you need anything? Is there anything I can do?"

"You're doing more than enough." Quinn told him. "But if you're hungry, we can stop at a drive thru."

"I'm fine." Puck insisted, though his growling stomach said otherwise.

"I could go for some french fries actually." Quinn said.

"Okay." Puck nodded, and he continued driving until he found a drive thru. He pulled into it and got the food before parking. When they both finished eating, Puck continued the drive.

"Thanks." Quinn said.

"Sure." Puck replied. "If you wanna sleep or talk or whatever, go ahead."

"Why don't we just listen to the radio?" Quinn suggested. "And see if I remember how to sing."

"Go ahead." Puck said again.

Quinn turned on the radio and softly sang along as she looked out the window. She stopped when she saw Puck looking at her.

"Told you you still got it." Puck smiled proudly as he turned his head back to face the road.

"Why did you come here with me?" Quinn blurted.

"What?" Puck asked, his smile quickly fading.

"Why did you come here with me?" Quinn repeated.

"Because you asked me to and I wanted to help you." Puck answered.

"Why?" Quinn wondered.

"We've been through so much, and you're Beth's mom." Puck stated. "And no matter what I say, I will never not be there for you."

"But why?" Quinn questioned Puck.

"Because I care about you." Puck stated. "I mean, it's you."

Quinn bit her lip.

"I don't want anything bad happening to you." Puck told Quinn. "Okay?"

"Okay." Quinn repeated with a nod.

Puck nodded back.