10

"Puckerman?"

"Lopez." Puck said. "Hey."

"Hey." Santana smiled as she hugged Puck. "I didn't even know you were in New York. Hi."

"Hi." Puck repeated as they parted. "I got here, like, two days ago."

"For work?" Santana guessed.

"Are you gonna let me in?" Puck wondered.

"Right, yeah, come in." Santana said, ushering Puck inside and closing the door behind him. She looked at him for an explanation.

"I wanted to talk to you." Puck began. "About Quinn's boyfriend."

"Finally!" Santana exclaimed. "I hate that guy."

"What?" Puck asked.

"Britt and I have only met him a handful of times, but he's terrible." Santana stated. "He's so controlling of Quinn. She's, like, jumpy when he's around, and I've heard him belittle her."

"Beth said he's mean, but I don't know what she's seen or heard." Puck noted. "I don't know him that well, but Quinn's gonna be a realtor and has to cook and clean for him, and I was thinking about talking to her."

"She might listen to you." Santana told Puck. "I haven't seen Quinn in a while because the last time I saw her, I tried to talk to her, and she was dismissive and defensive and didn't wanna talk about it."

"She won't listen to me." Puck shook his head.

"You're her daughter's father." Santana pointed out. "Your opinion of her has always mattered."

"Bullshit." Puck shook his head.

"Think about all the things she did in high school." Santana suggested. "Most, if not all of that was for you."

"So the car accident was to impress me? Dating Sam was to impress me?" Puck questioned Santana.

"No." Santana shook her head. "I'm talking about rejoining the Cheerios right after Beth was born, and cheating on Sam. And joining the skanks."

"Yeah, that was pretty hot." Puck noted as he reminisced.

Santana nudged Puck out of his fantasy. "Focus."

"Right." Puck muttered. "So you think I should talk to her?"

"Yes." Santana nodded. "And I don't know if Biff is physically abusive or anything, but I would be careful with Beth."

"Quinn wouldn't let anything happen to her." Puck replied.

"I know, but still."