44

"Hey, B! How was your first day of school?" Quinn wondered when Puck and Beth entered the house.

"Fun!" Beth exclaimed as she went running off to her room.

Puck unpacked Beth's backpack and lunchbox, leaving it in the kitchen before returning to the living room. "I have to work tomorrow. Are you around to pick her up?"

"Sure." Quinn nodded.

"Thank you." Puck replied as he went to walk away.

"I was thinking." Quinn began, stopping Puck. "I know you're gonna be really busy with work these next few months, but when you're not, we should do things with her together."

Puck furrowed his eyebrow. "What?"

"We should do things as a family." Quinn clarified. "I don't want her growing up thinking it's normal for her not to see her mom or for her parents to barely speak to each other."

"I don't want that either." Puck said.

"So once a week, maybe?" Quinn suggested.

"I'll make the time." Puck promised.

"Thank you."

-

When Puck returned from tucking Beth in at the end of the night, he found Quinn on the phone shaking.

"Q."

Quinn didn't move. She stood frozen while her body shook.

"Quinn." Puck said a little louder as he walked over to her. "Hey, what's going on?"

Quinn had tears in her eyes, but didn't say anything.

Puck gently took the phone from her and put it to his ear. "Who is this?"

"Who's this?" The voice on the other end asked.

"Don't call her again or I swear I'll fly back to New York and kick your ass." Puck hissed before hanging up. He squeezed Quinn's hands and helped her to the couch, sitting down beside her.

Quinn wrapped her arms around Puck's neck and climbed onto his lap.

"It's okay." Puck said softly, holding Quinn. "You're safe, I promise. I'm not gonna let anything happen to you."