38

When they landed in L.A., they picked up their bags before heading to find Puck's driver, who was waiting outside.

"Daddy, I'm hungry." Beth complained.

"I'm gonna order food when we get home." Puck told Beth as he loaded the bags into the car. "And then we'll unpack while we wait for it."

"Okay." Beth sighed.

"Come on." Puck said, squeezing her hand and ushering her into the car. "Charles, this is Beth's mother, Quinn Fabray. Q, this is my driver, Charles."

"Nice to meet you, Miss Fabray." Charles nodded. "Welcome to L.A."

"Thank you." Quinn smiled. "It's nice to meet you, too."

"How was your trip, Mr. Puckerman?" Charles asked.

"Busy." Puck said. "But it's really good to be back home."

"Mhm!" Beth nodded in agreement.

Charles smiled as he began driving.

-

"B, why don't you go take a bath and go to bed?" Puck suggested.

"It's not even nighttime yet." Beth noted.

"Yes it is." Puck said. "It's eight o'clock."

"I don't go to bed at eight o'clock." Beth reminded Puck.

"Well, in New York, it's eleven o'clock." Puck pointed out. "Which means it's late for you, and you should settle in."

"We're not in New York, Daddy." Beth argued with a grin as she looked at Quinn. "My bedtime isn't 'til nine in the summer."

"I'll let you stay up until nine thirty if you go take a bath and put pjs on." Puck offered.

"Deal." Beth nodded as she ran off.

Quinn smiled in amusement.

"What?" Puck asked.

"She's just like you, Noah." Quinn said.

"Yeah, I'm trying to make sure that doesn't happen." Puck muttered.

"It's a good thing." Quinn promised. "She has all the best parts of you: your protectiveness, your wit, your-"

"Good looks." Puck finished.

"Your humility." Quinn teased.

Puck grinned. "Yeah."

Quinn smiled back.

"I'm gonna go see if she needs anything, but when she's done, we'll put on a movie." Puck said. "You can join us if you want."

"Okay."