28

"Quinn." Puck said softly. "We're back."

Quinn opened her eyes and looked at Puck. "You were supposed to wake me up so I could drive."

"Well, clearly you needed the rest." Puck noted. "Come on, let's go see Beth. I'll help you bring your stuff inside later."

"Okay." Quinn replied as she got out of the car.

Puck got out, and the pair walked to the front door.

Quinn dug through her purse for the house key. "I usually keep this in the car, so I forgot to bring it the other day."

Puck nodded, and Quinn unlocked the door and led him inside.

"Mom? Beth? We're home." Quinn called, but no one answered.

"You think your mom took her out somewhere?" Puck asked.

"Maybe." Quinn said. "I'm gonna text her and then I guess we can bring my stuff in?"

"Yeah, sure." Puck nodded. "I'll get started."

"Thanks." Quinn responded.

Puck went outside and opened the trunk of Quinn's car, grabbing the heavier boxes. He brought them inside, leaving them in the living room while he went out for more. He continued until Quinn joined him, even though there were only a few bags and boxes left.

"My mom said they just went out to dinner so they'll be home in an hour." Quinn told Puck. "I'm gonna try to get everything organized and put away before they come back."

"Okay." Puck nodded. "Do you want a hand or do you wanna be alone?"

"No, you should stay." Quinn answered. "I mean, when's the last time we had a night of you, me, Beth, and my mom?"

"Yeah." Puck smiled slightly. "I'm gonna go pick up food, but I'll stay. What are you hungry for?"

"Anything." Quinn shrugged. "I'll be upstairs when you get back."

"Okay."

-

When Quinn and Puck finished eating, they put everything away in Quinn's old bedroom.

Quinn took a deep breath as she sat down on the bed.

"Q." Puck said. "You okay?"

"I can't believe I'm back here." Quinn said softly.

"It's gonna be okay." Puck promised as he squeezed Quinn's hands. "This is a good thing. This is a step forward."

"Yeah, but look at my life." Quinn replied. "It's a mess."

"Quinn, you-"

"I've been on my own for years and I don't have a career or anything." Quinn interrupted. "Look at you, you're the greatest parent in the world and you have a freaking Grammy Award."

"Hey." Puck said. "It's gonna be okay. Everyone's on their own timeline. You're the greatest mom ever and you're gonna have a huge and successful career."

"You really think so?" Quinn asked.

"I think a Grammy winner like myself would know so." Puck teased.

Quinn smiled and rolled her eyes.

"Besides, not that they really matter, but I'm sure you'll outnumber me in awards in no time." Puck added.

"Thanks." Quinn said as they heard the front door open.

"Daddy? Mommy?"

"We should go downstairs and see her."

"Yeah."