29

"Hi, princess." Puck grinned as Beth ran to greet him. He scooped her up and kissed her cheek. "Did you have fun with Gramma?"

Beth nodded and reached for Quinn.

"Hi, B." Quinn smiled as she held Beth. "I've missed you."

"Me, too." Beth responded, her smile fading. "Is Biff here, too?"

"No." Quinn answered as her smile faded. "No, I'm not gonna see him anymore, okay?"

"Yay!" Beth exclaimed.

"Beth." Puck scolded.

"It's okay." Quinn insisted as she put Beth down. "Can I take her upstairs to talk to her about it?"

"Sure." Puck said. "You don't need my permission."

"Okay." Quinn nodded. "Beth, can we go upstairs and talk? I wanna talk to you about Biff."

"Okay, Mama." Beth responded as she took Quinn's hand, and the pair went upstairs.

Judy looked at Puck. "Thank you for helping Quinny."

Puck nodded slowly. "Anytime."

"I know I've been harsh on you over the years, but she's lucky to have a friend like you." Judy noted. "And Beth's lucky to have you as her father."

"You were just protecting your daughter, Mrs. Fabray." Puck responded. "I get it. I would do the same for Beth."

"Judy." Judy corrected Puck. "I think you've earned that."

Puck smiled slightly. "Judy."

Judy smiled back.

"Thank you." Puck said.

"Are you and Beth staying in Lima for the rest of the summer?" Judy wondered.

"I don't know." Puck answered. "I'm gonna talk to her about it. It would be nice for her to see everyone before she goes back to school, but if Quinn needs space, we won't stay much longer."

"I think it would be good for Quinny to have her around." Judy noted. "And I'd love to spend more time with her, but it's up to the three of you."

Puck nodded slowly. He wasn't used to Quinn's mom liking him, and he had his guard up. "Well, whatever we end up doing, you and Quinn and whoever are always welcome to visit and stay with us in L.A."

"One of these days I'm gonna take you up on that." Judy warned Puck.