ᰔchapter 22ᰔ

Your POV :

I woke up by a sudden noise. I groan as I sit up, adjusting my eyes against the sun light coming from the window. I look to my right to see Vance sleeping peacefully. His hair was all over his face. I gently placed a strand of his hair behind his ear revealing how perfect he looked. I stared at his face as he breathed slowly.

Suddenly I heard some glass bottle smash onto the floor. I flinched as I look towards my room door. The sound must had came from the kitchen. This only meant that step dad was home. I sighed as I looked back at Vance. I continued playing with his hair till at one point, he woke up. "Good morning Vance" I mumbled to him. He smilled and looked at me. "Good morning sweetheart" he mumbled back with a sleepy tone. The way he spoke caught me off guard for a second. I bent my head down towards his face and give him a light kiss. When I pulled away, I saw him smirking. "Who knew I can wake up to find myself kissing the hottest girl I've ever met" Vance teased as I blush, giving him an other kiss.

Suddenly we heard someone knocking on my room door. "Y/n? Are you awake? Can I come in?" We then hear someone say. It was step dad. "Shit" Vance and I whispered. With that, Vance quickly rolled off of the bed, now hiding under it. I adjusted the mattress so it wouldn't look like there was another person sleeping with me. "Yea come in" I said trying to hide my nervousness in my voice. The door slowly opened reveilling step dad. For once he didn't look hungover. "What do you want?" I coldly asked yawning. "nothing much just letting you know that two kids are missing" He said. "Who?" I asked. "One is named Finney Blake and the other is Robin Arellano" He added slowly.

I felt my heart stop beating for second. I stayed silent as step dad just left the room without saying anything, closing the door behind him. Please tell me this was a joke. I mean yes I don't really know them but they're still my friends.

I then felt Vance's arms wrap around me as he hugged me tightly. "They'll be okay" he mumbled kissing my forehead over and over trying to make me feel better. "I know Robin, he is a great fighter. He'll protect himself and also Finney" he added. We stayed in this position for about 7-10 minutes till I felt better. I gave Vance a kiss on the lips and pulled him away. Our eyes were locked together for some time till I looked down to his chest. I just wanted to stare at how beautiful his body was.

I looked over his chest to find a hole bunch on bruises and scars all over his upper body...

Vance's POV :

"One is named Finney Blake and the other is Robin Arellano" I heard Y/n's step dad slowly say. Oh shit. I knew Y/n was sad after hearing this. As soon as her step dad had left the room, I got out of my hiding spot and hugged her as tightly as I could, also giving kisses on her forehead to try and make her feel better. I tried comforting her by telling her about how Robin and Finney are going to be fine. It took about 8 minutes of comforting till she was back to normal. She kissed me and pulled away from my arms. We stared at each other for some time till her eyes shifted down towards my chest.

Shit. I had completely forgot about the bruises on me. I slowly started panicking. Please tell me she wouldn't see them, which she is most definitely going to see them since they were pretty visible. I stared at her face to see what her reaction might be...

Your POV :

I slowly placed my fingers on one of Vance's big bruises. He whimpered in a bit of pain as I put pressure on it. "Vance..." I whispered sadly. "Why didn't you tell me about this?" I added still looking down. "Well... it's just because you were dealing with enough problems so I didn't want you to get more worried about stuff" Vance said cupping my cheeks and making me look at him. "Yea but still I don't like it when you keep things away from me" I said as he pulled me into a deep kiss. When I pulled away, he looked at me. "tell me who did this to you." I said again, this time slowly slidding my cold hand on his chest, trying not to hurt him. "My... Dad" Vance said, looking down. "oh Vance..." I mumbled pulling him into a big hug. He hugged back and we stayed in the same position for some time.