Chapter 20: coffee with his boss

"A man is like a cat; chase him and he will run - sit still and ignore him and he'll come purring at your feet."

──────⊱⁜⊰─────

𝑴𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒂𝒏

"Oh my God! I love you so much." I moan into Chris's mouth.

He pulls out and drops his body on top of mine, hot and sweaty.

"I love you." He says back, trying to catch his breath.

I bask in the euphoric high a second longer and then look over at the clock, hoping an alarm doesn't go off soon to ruin this moment.

Except, it does.

Chris flings his eyes open and snatches his phone off of the stand to turn it off.

6:45am

"Can't you just lay with me all day?" I pout, wrapping him in my legs as he tries to get out of bed.

"I'm gonna be late, babe." He chuckles but lowers himself back down to kiss over my flesh.

He wears a sexy smirk that makes me shudder and want to go another round. Morning sex is always the best way to start any day.

"Just five more minutes." I seduce him with a lip bite.

"Five minutes?" He repeats, intrigued.

"Mhm." I giggle, guiding his fingers inside of me.

My legs tighten on the sides of Chris's body, I'm still too sensitive too the touch and Chris pulls his hand back, putting his wet fingers down my throat until I gagged on them.

"You're so nasty." He growls in my ear before sucking my neck.

A second alarm goes off, this time on my phone. That's when I remember I have an early meeting with Jasmine and a realtor.
Jasmine has quit her nursing job since she's making enough money as a lash tech and wants to pursue that full time. She's been saving for a salon and, with my help, should have enough to afford a spot in the city. Fortunately, I do have a background in skincare since high school and college, so I get to finally put that to use. I enjoy it as a hobby, or "side hustle" so Jasmine will let me sell my body products in her— our— salon.

Once dressed, we let the dogs out for food and water, and they run around happily in the backyard where Chris and I sit at the elevated table, enjoying breakfast.

The sky's almost fully awake, the chirping birds are, though, and the city never slept. We eat and talk over the sounds of aggravated car horns, the trains, dogs barking, and all of the pedestrians hustling to work on foot.

I scroll on my iPad and suddenly feel Chris's hands rubbing my bare leg for no reason other than it feels good to the both of us.

A smile stretches over my lips, I lock the screen to sip my lemon and cucumber water.

"You haven't made up your mind, you know?" I say to Chris.

He takes his eyes off of the playing pups to meet my gaze. Well, they're hardly puppies anymore, they're so tall at four-months-old, and already well-behaved thanks to Chris's training and my spoiling them. They're super clingy, needing a lot of affection and attention, so basically just like me.

"About what?" He asks, locking our fingers over the table.

I smile at his touch and suck in air before answering, "I said I don't mind going back to visit Penshaw, you, on the other hand, have not decided if we're going, or not."