Chapter 56: a much needed day out

Dedicated to all the readers, even the shy, ghosts, and new ones, and especially licel1985 kaiyareyes for your patience ❤️
Going to push out more chapters for you all much sooner and on time. Unedited chapter, will go back to fix later.
Thank you. Enjoy
~nat

~

"The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude."

──────⊱⁜⊰─────
𝑴𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒂𝒏

"So why didn't he fuck me?" I smack my lips at Jabari and Jasmine who are defending Chris behind his back.

Their exchange of looks isn't subtle at all, it makes me roll my eyes.

"You said you didn't wanna have sex, yet?" Jasmine sounds just as confused as I am.

"I don't want to initiate it because I don't wanna confuse things." I explain another time, brushing past pedestrians on the busy sidewalk.

"So... you do wanna have sex, you just don't want to start it?" Jabari tilts his head, not understanding.

"Yes!" I exclaim once one of them finally gets it. "I just feel like— I don't know, why didn't he come over and fuck me?"

Jasmine laughs in short, splitting the pole. "He probably doesn't wanna confuse anything either, girl." She claims.

Jabari snarls, "That's bull. Y'all have been in a sexual relationship for how long? No offense, but if I walked in on you— nevermind." He clears his throat with glares from Jasmine.

"Point is, maybe he isn't interested?" Jabari finishes another thought.

"It's Chris," I deadpan, stopping on the pavement. "he's always interested in sex." Jasmine nods to confirm.

"I meant," Jabari hesitates, "in someone else..."

Seeing me go quiet in thought, Jasmine speaks up for me.

She sucks her teeth and smacks her husband with her large Telfar bag. "Shut up, boy!"

"Don't listen to him, Mo. He's stupid," She says, holding the door open for me. "Come on, let's get to work."

My doubts fly out of the window once I walk in on our center in the early stages of reconstruction.

Jasmine literally gasps and I turn on my heels to watch Jabari excitedly biting down on his thick lower lip, squeezing her shoulders.

They both have such sparkle and hope in their dark brown eyes, waiting for me to react the same way but I'm just stunned.

"What is all this?" I wonder, spinning in a circle to take it all in.

The further I walk, the more I realize.

Torro Architecture

I recognize a few faces and Chris's belongings laid out across the hardwood floor that wasn't here last week when I came in to check on the building.

With my jaw dropped, speechless, I look over my shoulder at The Flamers and they nonverbally encourage me to continue checking things out.

"No. Her main office is going right here. I really want it to be-" I only hear some of what Chris is saying and cut him off.

"What about what I want?" I tease, slowly stalking towards the men who are huddled around the blueprints.

There's a girl who catches my eye. She's taking notes like her life depends on it, mostly after everything Chris does or says.
Her tightly coiled hair is dyed ginger and pinned up with a claw clip at the back of her head. She has thin lips that are almost the same brown complexion as her skin.
She looks young, younger than me, and naive. Studious, self-assured, are also words I'd use to describe her.