Chapter 64: Jordan's game

"Until you realize how easy it is for your mind to be manipulated, you remain the puppet of someone else's game."

──────⊱⁜⊰─────
𝑴𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒂𝒏

"-Your products are real good, Morgan, thanks for the body cremes and scrubs." Beck says.

"What?" I fold my arms across my chest.

He looks smug. "That order of ten you got? Yeah, you're welcome."

Oh. My. God.

"Chris?! Chris get up here!" I shout for him and start to pace until he comes running in.

"What, what? What is it?" He shakes me by the shoulder to change the spaced out look on my face.

I hand him my business phone and the piece of paper so he can call the number and see.

Chris holds his gaze on me for some time, questionably, until finally dialing the number.

As it rings, he catches a glimpse of my iPad screen and with furrowed eyebrows, takes another look at the photo of the corner store.

I tell him to put the phone on speaker on he does. We listen to it ring a few more times before finally, someone picks up.

"Y'ello, go for Beck." He speaks.

Chris immediately hangs up and tosses my phone onto the bed behind my back.

"Aye, y'all, get down here!" Jabari yells for us. We don't waste another second.

They're in Chris's office, Lee seated, typing away at the keyboard.

"What the hell are you doing in here?" Chris asks them.

Lee stands up signals Chris and I over.

"See for yourself." Lee mutters aside.

Chris and I look at each other then walk around the desk so we can see what it is they're looking at, all mute.

It's the security footage from last night, but why, I wonder?

"Push play." Lee tells us, hanging his head.

I look at each of their faces and their all long, sorrowful.

Gulp.

Chris impatiently plays the footage and watches intently.

It's Kailyn in her costume - a mod dress with a bird cage on her head. She said it was inspired by both Audrey Hepburn's "look" at the infamous Rothschild party and mix of Drag Race's season fourteen winner Willow Pill's doll house look.

I continue watching the footage and see Kailyn lured into this very study- that was supposed to be locked- by the mystery man in the elaborate Eyes Wide Shut mask and black cloak.

"Can you go back and see who unlocked my office?" Chris asks in a roar.

Lee shakes his head. "Tried. Footage was conveniently deleted. You can see anything before and after that, but whoever the asshole is that did this is a smart ass."

Chris's chest puffs and he cracks his knuckles as the video continues to play:

He stokes her arm and pushes her down to her knees so he's standing over her to judge.

A gesture from him makes Kailyn stand and start to dance between his legs as he sits in Chris's office chair.
With Kay's back turned to him, the man sits and grabs something out of the bottom drawer. It's a calendar- the one I made for Chris from my racy photoshoot.