Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Isabelle’s POV

“Are you okay with doing that?” I asked him.

“What? Seducing the fiancé?” He smirked. His cheek had actually swelled down a lot from the bag of ice, although it was still a bit red. “No one can resist me, so yeah. Piece of cake.”

“Hey, what’s that on your shirt?”

He glanced down quickly, of course seeing nothing. “What?”

“Your ego is showing.”

“My—“ He rolled his eyes. “That was corny.”

“I know. Just had to do it.” I laughed.

“Loser.”

“Immature brat.”

“Old bat.”

I punched him in his gut. “I’m not that old. I’m only twenty-four!”

“That’s—“ He let out a whoosh of air, rubbing at his stomach. “Old enough.”

I frowned and crossed my arms over my chest. “You’re a jerk.”

“You’re cute when you’re angry.” He grinned.

“You’re weird.”

“How is telling you you’re cute make me weird?”

“I don’t know!” I pouted. “I don’t know if you’re serious or not. I don’t usually get compliments from most guys.”

“Why not?”

Why does he have to ask a lot of questions? “No idea.”

Oliver looked at me thoughtfully, the corner of his lips twitching into a smile. Then his eyes went wide. “What time is it?”

“Two-thirty— Wait! Where are you going?” I called after him when he started for the back door.

“Work. I completely forgot about it!”

“Wait!” He turned back to me impatiently. “How far is it from here?”

“Ten minutes about?”

“Okay. I’m coming with.”

“You work here?” I asked, practically bouncing on my heels. “I used to love Bo’s Burgers! Does he still make his burgers with that secret sauce of his?”

Oliver put on his green hat quickly as we approached the restaurant. “Bob passed away a couple of years back. Along with the recipe.”

“Damn that sucks.” I muttered. “A lot of people must be sad.”

“Well duh. Who doesn’t get sad when people pass away?” He asked, pushing open the door for me.

I raised a brow. “I was talking about the burgers. Without the secret recipes, everyone will be sad that the burger is just…a burger.”

Oliver gaped at me, trailing in behind me. “You’re unbelievable, you know that?”

“You’re late again, Oliver!”

I turned around to face a very, very large man. I mean, he was built like a wrestler. Roughly, six foot nine or so. He had on an apron that was covered in oil and dirt.

“You’re a monster, dude.” I mumbled.

“What?”

“You’re like the hulk! The termina— Ow!” I hissed when Oliver kicked my shin. I glared at him.

“She’s just here to make sure I got here alright, sir. I’m sorry about being late again. I swear it won’t happen again.”

The man gave him a flat look. “You said that the last four days, Oliver. But you were still late.”

“I know. And if you want to fire me—“

“No!” I shouted, catching them both off guard.  “It’s my fault he’s late, sir. I had clumsily crashed my car into the side of a bridge and Oliver here saved me just before I plummeted to my death. He’s a hero,sir, and I don’t think it would be wise to fire such a brave, brave man.” I finished the lie off by planting a kiss of Oliver’s cheek. “Thank you, Oliver.”

He blushed, giving a look of confusion. “Any…time?”

“Fine, fine. You’re not fired today.” Tuck said. “But next time, you’re out of here. Now get to work.” He said and turned away.

Once he was out of sight, Oliver surprised me by pulling me into a hug. “Thank you!”

“You’re welcome!” I laughed. “Now, let go. Some girl are giving me the evil eye.”

And they were. As customers went past us, I noticed a group of girls angrily stride past giving me tons and tons of glares. Were they friends of his?

“I don’t care. To tell you the truth, I kind of like this position.” He inhaled and breathed out, his breath tickling my ear. “And you smell good too.”

“That’s a very perverted thing to say.” I told him. “Now, let go or when I’m done with you, you’ll never get a chance to have any children.”

Laughing, he backed up, his hands raised in the air in surrender. “No need for that!”

I rolled my eyes with a grin, catching another girl’s glare. “You’re pretty popular here, aren’t you hot shot?”

“You can say that.” He smirked. “This place is the spot everyone used to meet at in high school. And I was pretty popular there and…”

“And you were a man-whore.” I added.

He chuckled. “Were being the operative word.”

“Yeah, right.”

“I’m serious. Since this morning, I’ve changed.” He proudly stated.

“Why this morning?”

“Because I met you.”

I opened my mouth, then shut it, not knowing how to answer that. I know I could just say that I didn’t like him like that, but what would that do? Maybe he won’t even help me anymore if I do. I could find someone else, but who else would I find that looks as attractive as him. Aside from Ash, of course…

We just stared at eachother for what felt like forever, until we heard someone bellow, “Oliver! Get your ass in here and work!”

“Well, then. I better head to work then.” Oliver said, slowly backing away. He almost tripped on his own feet, but causally regained his balance.

“Bye.” I waved, cracking a smile. He was definitely perfect for the job.

---------------------------------------

comment, vote, and fan :)