Chapter 20

------------------------------------------

Chapter20

Isabelle’s POV

I banged on the bars again to get Ted’s attention. I already knew he was the last officer left in the station since he told me once everyone else had left. Now, he just chose to ignore me. “Officer Ted! Stop ignoring me! I know you’re out there!”

“Shut the fuck up!” A random girly voice shouted. It obviously wasn’t Ted’s so I was guessing it was just another person in one of the cells.

“Hey, why don’t you shut the fuck up?” I yelled back at her. “This Is none of your goddamn business!”

“Oh, really? Well, I’m going to—“

“Both of you shut up.” Ted hissed. I watched as he appeared in front of me with frown on his face.

“Was wondering when you’d finally man up and confront me.” I grinned.

He crossed his arms over his chest. “What do you want, Isabelle?”

“Company.” I pouted and made my way over to the metal seat inside the cell. “A girl gets quite bored in a cell nowadays.”

“Well, maybe you shouldn’t have gotten yourself arrested.”

I frowned. “Don’t be a smartass, officer.”

“It’s not good to use profanities to an officer.”

“As you can see, I honestly don’t care.” I smirked. “So, let’s talk Ted. You’re a man, right?”

He scowled at me. “I mean, since the last time I checked when I went to the restroom. Hopefully, I still am.”

“That was funny.” I laughed. “Okay, but I just wanted to ask you a question that’s meant for a man.”

“Fine. Go ahead.”

I pursed my lips. Let’s try to be discreet. “Okay. So it goes like this. If you were a guy named Ash who has a best friend since childhood who’s in love with you and a fiancé, who would you choose?”

“Are you the fiancé or the best friend?”

“Best friend—Wait! How did you know I was a part of it?”

“Because you’re being too obvious.” He grinned.

“Oh…”

“And I’d pick the fiancé.”

I gasped. “What?! Why?!”

“First off, you’re a very troublesome young lady. Twenty three assaults? Seriously?”

“People annoy me. It’s not my fault.” I told him simply.

Ted rolled his eyes. “Plus, did you happen to tell him that you do have feelings for him?”

I shook my head. “I planned to tell him after I graduated from high school, but he left before I could. And when we bumped into eachother after about six years, it turns out he’s engaged.”

“Why did you wait so long? Why until you graduated?”

I bit my lip. “I don’t really know. Maybe I just don’t think I’d be a really good girlfriend? I do have my doubts.”

“I see. Well, it seems to be too late then.”

“What?! You may think that, but I’m not giving up on him. These past few weeks, I’ve been trying to break off his engagement.”