Chapter 2

New chapter! Yay!

Oh and this is a pic of Ash!----------------------------------------------------------------------->

and...scene...o.o

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2

I stared hard at my phone on the table, trying to get my imaginary psychic powers to get Ash to call me. Unfortunately, it didn’t work apparently. “Damn it.”

“Iz, if you’re trying to get your so called psychic powers to work, just stop it.” Mandy laughed, taking a seat beside me. “Shouldn’t you maybe tidy up the house at least a little since Ash is coming over?”

“I don’t need to impress him or anything. So, if I want to live messy, I’ll live messy. It’s not like he cares. He’s not like that.” I knocked off a stack of clothes from the arm of the couch while stretching. “Oops.”

“But that was like, what, seven years ago?” She said. “Both of you guys matured over those years. What if he did care now?”

I started to chew my fingernails, a nervous tick of mine I always had. “I don’t think so.” Suddenly, my phone finally rang and I answered it quickly on the second ring. “Hello?”

“Hey, Izzy. So you still want to hang out today?”

I nearly fainted with excitement. Mandy motioned for me to put it on speaker. When I did, I replied, “Yeah, sure. I have nothing else better to do  with my life.”

He laughed. He always had a nice laugh. “Okay, cool. Do you mind if I bring my fiancé over? She would really like to meet you. She—“ His voice was cut off when the phone dropped from my hands. I froze, processing what he said in my head. A…

“Fiancé?!” I heard Mandy mouth quietly.

“He can’t be serious.” I mouthed back to her, feeling a little uneasy. He had a fiancé? He was engaged? How did I not know about this?

“Iz? Izzy, you still there?”

I stared at the phone. Should I answer him? I really don’t want to…With a groan, I picked up the phone from off the floor and put it to my ear. “Yeah. I’m still here.” I said, nonchalantly.

“So, is it okay with you if I bring her?” He asked again.

I swallowed hard and nodded, even though he couldn’t see it. “Yeah, go ahead. And Mandy’s coming too.” I told him and hung up, not even bothering to say goodbye. “I can’t believe this. He’s fucking engaged?”

“Oh honey.” Mandy hurried over beside me and rubbed her fingers over my cheeks. “You’re crying.”

“No, I’m not.” I said, leaning away from her and rubbed my hand over my own cheeks. I was crying. How come I didn’t realize I was crying? “Oh wow.”

Mandy pulled me into her arms in a warm hug. I sighed in content. She really is a good friend. “It’s going to be okay. You’re going to win him over. He’s not married yet.”

And it’s times like these I question if she’s too loyal of a friend. “What’s that supposed to mean? I’m not getting in between his engagement, Mands.” I told her. I mean, of course I still love Ash and I’d do anything for him, but he’s engaged. Happily engaged. And I don’t want to ruin that for him. I want him to be happy. And I can always fall out of love with him.

“Yes, you are missy.” She pulled away, took my hands in hers, and looked at me. “I saw the way he looked at you back at the bar, Iz. He likes you more than you think. And the conversation you guys had, he was totally flirting with you.”