Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Isabelle’s POV

I made my way out of the police station and stopped when I saw a familiar yellow Lamborghini on the side of the street. With a sigh, I walked forward. I didn’t acknowledge Ash as he hopped out of the car and just continued my way along the sidewalk.

“Come on, Izzy.” He called out to me. I ignored him and dug my hands into my jeans pockets. “You can’t ignore me forever.” I heard him say from beside me. I kept my eyes forward, not even bothering to look at him. “Why did you lie to me about Oliver being your boyfriend?”

I suddenly stopped, causing him to crash into my back. “How did you even know that?”

“Mandy told me.”

I turned to look at him. “And when did you talk to Mandy?”

“Last night. I was…” Ash rubbed the back of his neck nervously. “Just calling to make sure you were okay.”

“Right. So why are you here anyways?” I asked him.

“To pick you up. I heard you were in jail.” He grinned.

I crossed my arms over my chest. “Thanks. I love how my best friend laughs at me being in jail. I feel so happy.”

“I’m your best friend again?” He questioned, raising an eyebrow. “Wow. Jail must’ve changed you big time.”

“You’re an idiot.” I grumbled and started down the sidewalk again.

“Wait Iz!” He shouted after me, grabbing my arm. “What’s wrong now?”

I snatched my arm out of his grip angrily. “What’s wrong is that you accused me of dating some nineteen year old kid and when I tried to tell you that I wasn’t, you just kept cutting me off!”

“Iz,” He began. “I’m sorry, okay?”

I let out a breath I didn’t realize I was holding and ran a hand through my hair. “I don’t need an apology, Ash. I always forgive you. It’s just…why did you even care if I had a boyfriend or not?”

“Because I just do.”

“That’s not a good enough answer.” I grumbled.

“Then what would be a good enough answer for you?”

“For you to just admit you were jealous.” I teased.

“Jealous? Why would I be—“

“Fine. Don’t say it then. It’s cool.” I mumbled and started to walk down the sidewalk again, whistling a little to myself. I could hear his footsteps behind me and a small sigh escape his lips.

“Okay! Maybe I was, okay?” He finally admitted, throwing his hands in the air.

My heart fluttered a bit at his confession in hope that he actually did like me. But I guess Fate doesn’t like me enough to make that happen. “Okay.” I turned to him with a small smile. “Take me home then, Ketchum.”

When Ash pulled into the side of the road in front of my apartment, I spotted Mandy’s car was parked in front of us. Looked like the whole herd was there. Great. “Thanks for the ride, Ketchum.” I said as I started to climb out of the car.

 But before I could, he grabbed my wrist. I spun around to find him extremely close to me. My breathing suddenly became ragged at our close proximity and I swear my heart stopped. My eyes slowly traveled from his full lips, to his pointed nose, and finally to his eyes. Those bottomless, mesmerizing green eyes. My mouth open and then closed. Why was he so close? Did he even know he was so close?