Chapter 14 - Heat

Friday

Friday

I sat on the couch as I watched Maggie and the others dance on the floor as the lights got dimmer and people got even more drunk. Random people were sitting beside me and I was getting uncomfortable as they were trying to get it on while almost climbing onto my lap. I pushed them away, irritated and got up to find a bathroom.

The twins' place was massive and I'm sure there were about six bathrooms in here. I walked down the halls but couldn't find an unused room, they were all locked. I passed by a room that seemed to store all of Julie's gifts in which the bed was covered with gift bags and boxes

I enter the room and see an open door for a bathroom. I thank the heavens and enter. Surprisingly the bathroom was clean and wasn't covered in puke or coke. I pee quickly and wash my hands. I run my hands through my hair to bring down the frizziness from the heat of the people crowding the cabin.

I open the door and turn the bathroom's light off, but as I was about to head out of the room, I hear Julie's voice along with another girl who I wasn't familiar with. I panic, not wanting them to catch me in here and I run back to the bathroom leaving the door open enough to see what was happening in front of me.

Julie and the girl come giggling inside the room and close the door. "Let's see what he got you," the girl says as she digs out a small gift bag.

"He's been giving me so many gifts this whole week," Julie says, "he gave me a necklace and a matching promise ring, along with some cute diamond earrings and even some perfumes."

"Wow so he's been spoiling you, huh?" her friend says with a smirk.

"He's been the sweetest ever since," Julie says with blushing cheeks.

"Have you guys done it? I mean you haven't gotten any action since you know..." her friend says with a cheeky grin.

"Kenzie!" Julie gasps, "No. Not yet anyways."

"Oh, how come?"

Julie shrugs and she looks disappointed. "I try to initiate things but he never really wants to," she sighs, "He says he doesn't feel ready yet."

"But you have done it before right?" Kenzie asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Not all the way," Julie says sheepishly.

"Wait, so you're telling me you haven't fucked him?" Kenzie squeals.

"We have," Julie says, "before we could even finish, my dad barged in."

"Oh shit," Kenzie says.

"We're trying though but I think the problem is Layla," Julie says with a sigh.

Hold up. Me? Why am I the problem? What is she even talking about? When have I been a problem?
"Who?" Kenzie asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Layla, the girl that he was seen hanging in the hospital. I don't know what her deal is," she says in a weird tone. "He's always talking about her in some way and wants to invite her to a lot of places that we go to."