Chapter 32 - Separation

Monday

Monday

The townhouse was clean and stocked up as promised. Andrew made sure that it was ready for us to move in, especially since Landon would be leaving Thursday afternoon back to Crescent. I was still a bit nervous about him leaving me alone in this big city, but knowing the twins were here and Andrew, I would be fine.

Today was the baseball game and Andrew would be taking us as he promised. The boys were more excited than I was and Landon wanted me to enjoy the day without him. I was hesitant at first, but he wanted me to spend more one on one time with my half brothers and my dad.

The park was filled today with fans of both teams. A sea of red and white, and black striped jerseys swarmed the seats and I felt overwhelmed. "Is this where we're sitting?" Nicholas asks as he eyes the fans that were already throwing insults at each other and the game hasn't even started.

Andrew shakes his head and ushers us along with security to the higher levels of the stadium. "Where are we going?" Danny asks this time, not losing sight of people holding buckets of popcorn, pretzels, and cotton candy in their hands.

"We have the best seats in the house, VIP." Andrew says with a wink as we enter a private suite like room. We have a clear view of the field, not a person blocking the view. There's countertops on one side of the room with all sorts of snacks, salty and sweet with a fountain drink machine. There's an ICEE machine and frames of the team's successful games showcased on the walls. Tan leather couches are positioned right behind the glass that come up to waist high.

"This is so cool dad!" Nicholas' eyes light up with excitement as he takes in all of the food that's ready to be eaten.

"Yeah, it's all for us so sugar up!" Andrew says and both boys don't need to be told twice and dive straight into the snack bar. "Just don't tell your mother."

Nicholas goes for a red ICEE and some nachos while Danny gets popcorn and cotton candy. I gravitated towards making myself a fudge sundae and topping it off with lots of fudge. Once everyone had their treats, the game finally started.

When the game finished, Andrew took us back to their house. The boys were exhausted and off their sugar high. Danny had passed out before the game even ended and Nicholas was already getting bored. Elena still wasn't back yet from a meeting with her clients. I later learned that she was a wedding planner and only wanted to work with high socialites and rich people. Normal couple couldn't afford to book her and she wanted to keep it that way.

I was sitting on their comfortable white couch texting Maggie about today, when Andrew finally came downstairs to the living room. "Do you want hot chocolate? It always helps me destress before I head to bed."

I smile and nod. He calls for Aubrey, the maid, to make us some mugs of hot chocolate. "So how was your first baseball game?" He asks as he starts to put away the mess of toys left behind by Danny.