Chapter 29 - Wild

Saturday

Saturday

I fucked up.

I actually waited until the last minute to look for a dress for this god forsaken dance. I didn't realize how many days we were getting closer to the dance until Maggie had shown me her dress. She looked amazing in what she had picked out, but when she had asked me a couple of days ago, I told her I didn't have one.

Trust me, I was going to go to the mall to pick out a dress, but I was distracted with booking flights, studying for exams, and with Landon. It was currently seven in the morning and Maggie was on the phone with every boutique in town to find if there were any dresses left and I was doing the same with the next town over.

What didn't help my situation was that the school in the next town over was also having their prom today and the stores were most likely been stampeded through. Maggie hangs up and looks at me with a look, "nothing," she says, shaking her head.

"Damn, what should I do now?" I ask, feeling defeated. Landon was going to be on his way around five later today, to take pictures with Maggie, Eric, and I. I couldn't tell him that I wasn't going because he would most likely not go and then I would feel guilty for not having him go.

My mom pokes her head in my room and looks at us in confusion. "What's going on?"

"No one has a dress that is good for prom," I say, "every shop only has the ugly dresses on clearance."

"Well Julie is waiting for you downstairs," mom says, "pretty sure she has something for you." Maggie and I share a look. We both get up from the floor and head downstairs.

Julie was in fact sitting down on my couch with a white box next to her. "Hey," I greeted her cautiously, not understanding why she was here early in the morning.

Julie stands up and puts a small smile on her face. "A little birdy told me that you were in search of a dress."

I look at her in confusion and I look back at Maggie who is looking at me sheepishly. "What do you mean?"

"I told her that we needed help looking for a dress yesterday night," Maggie says, "she said she thought she might've had something."

"It's my dress actually," Julie says. She opens the box and reveals a beautiful cerulean blue dress. It was thin straps with a sweetheart neckline and the bottom half had layers to the skirt, but still long enough to reach the bottom. "I decided that it would be a better fit with you since it's definitely your color."

"Wait, you're not going?" I furrow my brows at her.

She shakes her head. "I have another dress, but I don't think I'll go."

"Why not?" I ask.

She shrugs. "It just wouldn't be the same like how I planned months ago."

"No, please. You have to come," I plead, "You deserve to have fun."