Chapter 23 - Nightmare

Monday

Monday

My week of suspension finally passed by and I was back in school. Maggie was doing better and we got a chance to talk ever since the incident. She explained what had occurred with her and Kenzie, and apologized for putting me into a place of drama. Everything seemed to finally go back to normal. Except for the occasional stares and whispers that dawned upon Landon, due to his little show at the football scout party.

It wasn't until fifth period, right after lunch, that Landon texted me that he had to skip the rest of classes.

Julie says it's urgent. I need to see what's going on.

Do what you need to do. I'll see you after school

He doesn't reply afterwards, but my mind is stuck on the possibilities of what is going on. Julie has been distant with everyone so I could only imagine that it's something serious. Something to do with her mental health.

When the last bell of the day rings, I don't see a sign of Landon anywhere at the spot where he said we would meet up. Right by my locker. Minutes pass by and there's no text from him so I decide to go outside and see if he's there instead.

I hear my name get called out once I step out and descend the stairs. My eyes widened at the sight of people I didn't expect to see. The twins are leaning against Sage's black Mustang along with Vincent who's standing next to a sleek, dark gray BMW. On the other side of the car is a girl that I've never seen before.

She's got ginger hair and bright blue eyes that are accentuated by her hair color. She's about the same height as me and has a pretty athletic body build, sort of like a dancer's body. She's pretty and I have a feeling this was the girl Vincent was talking about the other night.

"Do you know where Landon is? We need to talk to him," Ash asks.

I told them what I basically knew from Landon's texts, and when I called Maggie over, that's when the guys told us what was really going on. What the twins said about Vincent and his reason to come back here was adding up. It didn't take me long to put together that there was a possibility that Vincent and Julie were related. Cousins to be exact.

*A/N: For reference check chapter 20 of Infatuated. Goes more into detail about this whole scenario!*

Vincent said that his father was in prison because his uncle blamed him for a crime and mentioned that he had run away when he put his daughter in the hospital. His father gave him the last known information about his brother and his whereabouts leading him here. It was obvious that it had to be about Julie and her dad. That was the only known crime and gossip that spread like wildfire in this town.

The mission was to find Landon who would know where Julie is or if he's with her and ask Julie about her dad's whereabouts or potential people he might be hiding with. Vincent was determined to find his uncle and turn him in to release his dad from his life sentence in prison.