Pregame Twins PT2

(Shuichi's POV)

The blue haired boy was happily looking in the store for new danganronpa merchandise to buy, when his uncle called him. Shuichi sighed deeply smiling softly and pulled out the phone to answer it.

"Hi uncle." Shuichi softly spoke.

"I got a case I want to bring you on and show you how we detectives work. Where are you? I'm pick you up." His uncle explained.

"I'm at Walmart right now. I'll wait for you at the entrance." Shuichi sighed.

"Kay. Cool. Be there soon." His uncle than hung up.

Shuichi decided to get himself the manga version of the currently ended season and puts for it stuffing it into his Hope Peak themed backpack with Monokuma keychain. He eventually sees his uncle coming towards him, when he exits the building and follows him to the car.

"This one is a pretty cut and dry case. A pair of twins. Dead mother. One of them calls the police to let them know he killed his other, because she attacked him and his twin with a broken bottle. Police are probably arresting him now and the social workers will be taking the other and putting him in a foster care. Seems like they don't have any other family members that can take them." His uncle explained as they drove to the slums.

Shuichi just gets out his manga and starts reading it as his uncle continues to blah about work. It's interesting and Shuichi wants to learn to be like his uncle. He wants to be as amazing as Kyoko from the first season of danganronpa, but Shuichi knows he'll never have the skills of a detective. So, it's just easier to not try.

"Just pretend it's like a body discovery thing like if we were in danganronpa." His uncle Kasaru sighed.

Shuichi put the book away and gave him a sheepish smile, "Sorry uncle. You know I don't have a talent like you. I really doubt I can help you even if I pretend it was a danganronpa case." Shuichi sighed.

"Hey. You'll never know if you don't try and keep trying." Kasaru assured him.

'That's the thing though... You've made me try so many times... And nothing... I just don't see it. I want to see it, but I don't.' Shuichi thinks in pain.

Nothing would make Shuichi more happier than to discover he has a detective talent or any kind of talent.... Maybe than his parents would final acknowledge him and want to be with him instead of staying busy with their jobs. His uncle was the only person, who really saw any worth in Shuichi and he desperately wanted to prove to his uncle that his faith isn't for nothing.

The pressure of being a somebody was hard for Shuichi and he knows how much it's costed his uncle to try and make Shuichi's dreams come true. He knows that it's his fault somehow that his aunt left his uncle a few years back.

Shuichi felt like he owes his uncle to be a somebody and make all of this worth it.

It wasn't long, before they arrived at the crime scene. There wasn't much left there expect some blood on the ground and an outline of where the body was. Shuichi stayed close to his uncle trying to be careful not to step on an evidence.

The mansion had glass doors and was two stories high. It was filled with bottles flung across the room as if someone was trying to hit something. The fridge was full of nothing but booze with occasional a few food items. Glass shards littered the carpet in the living room and the tiles in the kitchen.

An investigator kindly let them both see pictures of the dead body and the twins in question. The mother's face was completely messed up and unrecognizable. The twin, who killed her had blank purple eyes and even took his shirt off so they could take pictures of his deep cuts from the glass bottle.