Repenting Resent (Chapter 2)

So, what occurred over the seven months with the couple you may ask?

Well.

It started off rocky in the beginning. Carina couldn’t find the urge to involve herself in that part of Maya's life if she didn’t already know what she was going through. Maya kept a lot of things from her and Carina didn’t want to live with that. She wanted the truth, and she most certainly didn’t want to spend everyday living in Maya's lies. 

So it took her a while to confront Maya about it, which ended up with Maya explaining almost everything. From her days in highschool to the situation with her brother. It was a very vulnerable moment for Maya and even though Carina saw that, she still ended up distancing herself from Maya for a couple of days to cope with the information. She stayed at her brothers place for the duration, to which he now had a spare bedroom due to their father returning to Italy six months ago

It wasn’t until Maya explained everything, that Carina had realised how much stuff Maya was actually keeping from her. It was hard to comprehend all at once, and when she left to cope with it, she realised the mistake she had made by leaving. 

This caused her to return to their apartment, only to see Maya passed out at the kitchen island. Her laptop was open, showing Carina that she was online shopping for baby essentials. It caused her heart to break at the sight. Seeing Maya exhaust herself to the final degree, she ended up sleeping at their kitchen island. It made Carina's heart grow somber for the blonde. 

It was Carina's turning point. Seeing Maya cope with this life altering situation on her own at the time, she knew that she didn’t want to just be there for Maya, but she wanted her to know that she had her. 

So she helped. She helped with shopping for baby clothes, customising the nursery and even going with Maya to visit Finn during the seven month period. Maya appreciated everything she did, she doesn’t know where she would be without her. At a certain point in their relationship, she assumed Carina would leave. She even gave her an out. She physically said that she didn’t ‘need to get involved’. Although, It only caused Carina to fall in love all over again.

Maya has been more open and vulnerable over the course of the seven months, mostly because she didn’t have a choice. She was preparing to have a baby in her home, and she really couldn’t do it without support, and the only support she wanted…was Carinas. 

Fast asleep and completely exhausted, Maya was sprawled out on the couch. Her lying position consisted of lying on her stomach, one arm hanging off the side of the couch while the other rested under the cushion that her head laid on. 

She had fallen asleep last night while watching Yellowstone. Carina joined her after her shower, but she was equally tired so she ended up excusing herself after an episode. She had fallen asleep before Maya, so she didn't know that the blonde was currently fast asleep on the couch. 

Maya wasn’t sure what kind of dream she was having, but it was weird. She was in the middle of the jungle, in her turnouts searching for the sound of cries and whimpers. It was an odd dream, until she realised that it wasn’t her dream that was emitting the cries, instead it was the sound of the baby monitor on the coffee table. Her eyes snapped open as she jolted herself into a seating position, which she instantly regretted. Her neck felt like a scrambled jigsaw puzzle and her chest was tight from lying on it all night. 

Her face slightly winced in pain as she tried to relieve the pressure in her neck by raising her hand to the back of it and manoeuvring her head in different positions. 

Still being in her sleepy state, her mind was still disoriented, she looked around in confusion as she wiped the sleep from her eyes. She had no idea how she managed to fall alseep on the couch, she would have much rather sleeping in bed beside─