When The Burn Settles (Chapter 11)

"How does it feel to be back cap?" Dean asked as Maya walked into the beanery.

She wasn't sure how to respond honestly to that. She hated being away, she needed work to keep her composure, and yet she didn't have that. Of course she wasn't going to admit that almost everyone that said for her to take the parental leave to learn more about Finn, were right. She's too stubborn for that.

But she's also thankful. She grew to accept both her and Carina's love for Finn and understanding his needs better were just a bonus. "Yeah, yeah it was good Miller" Those words felt foreign to her.

"How is Finn?" Vic asked as she stood from the table, an empty bowl and plastic cup in her hand.

"He's great! He finally started crawling, so that's good" She replied a little too enthusiastically for her own liking, but everyone else didn't seem to take notice of Maya's excitement for her nephew's new skill.

"I remember when Pru started crawling, she was unstoppable" The man added, seeing as Maya's face was slightly twisted. "She crawled everywhere and anywhere, in literal seconds. Keep your eye on him" Dean also stood up, bringing his own dishes to the sink. Both Vic and Dean's stance reminded Maya that she wasn't early like she usually is, her team was just finishing breakfast while she had entered. She had drunk her smoothie and coffee on her way to work, but she supposes that's going to be the side effects of opting to drop Finn to daycare.

This morning, Carina was already gone, so Maya was in charge of dropping Finn to the daycare at the hospital. She did get some unusual looks here and there, mostly because she had changed into her uniform before work. So there she was, walking through the peds floor, uniform on, baby bag over her shoulder and Finn casually resting on her hip. He didn't take notice of the looks they got, but Maya most definitely did. Some looks were questionable, while some were full of admiration and...the hots. Unlucky for them, Maya was taken, very taken, to the point that when she had signed Finn into daycare, finding it very hard to leave when his bottom lip started to wobble. She made her way to the familiar OB floor, halting infront of her girlfriends office.

It was a quick interaction, mostly because Maya had to be at work, but she gave Carina a warm welcome, a peck on the lips and a cheeky wink before leaving Carina equally turned on from seeing her girlfriend in her uniform. She hadn't seen that uniform for over a month, and she definitely wasn't complaining at how it fit perfectly snug around her curves.

"Andy should be in her- your office, if you wanted to know" Vic quickly fixed her mistake. Maya had some idea that Andy would have grown comfortable, it would have been weird if she hadn't, but she was back, which meant Andy was back to being Maya's lieutenant.

"Okay, thank you" Maya nodded, turning to head for the steps. She missed her office, the way the sun beamed through the windows and how she could raise her desk to a standing desk, or if she was tired she could sit. It was the small things that made Maya happy.

Without a knock, you know, considering it is her office after all, she walked in. Not taking the time to see that the blinds were in fact closed. Her walk was halted when her eyes landed on the two very comfortable individuals leaning against her desk. "Really? I'm gone one month and my office is now a place for your pleasure?" Maya exclaimed, watching as both Andy and Ryan jump apart, his shirt almost completely undone caused Maya's face to contort in disgust. "Put your clothes on people" Maya waved her hand about. It was followed by Andy and Ryan re-buttoning their shirts and hastily tucking them into their trousers.

"Sorry Captain" Ryan tried to apologise, but Maya was having none of it. Plus his clearly shaved and waxed chest was now burned into her mind and she was having a very hard time trying to remove that picture.