Sword and Shield Arc Chapter 7 - All The Time in The World

Screams echoed across Stow-on-Side as the crowds kept pushing through the chaos. A trainer clutched onto her Pokeball against the storm; walking down the stairs from the gym, she readied her partner for battle. Countless Pokemon were destroying the town, and this trainer was about to join in. But even she was caught off guard and shoved forward, dropping her partner.

About to reach the Pokeball, a stray Thievul suddenly entered the fray, snatching up the Pokeball. Looking at the girl, it began to laugh, darting away into the crowd. The girl watched in horror, lip trembling as he screamed back.

"No, no! Don't you dare! Give them back!"

Escaping from the line of sight, Thievul perched around a building, jumping onto the rooftop and dropping the Pokeball at their master's feet.

"Another one, good. We've got quite the haul now, haven't we?" Zinnia smirked, holding the Pokeball up. Sitting on the rooftop, she adjusted her cape, tilted her top hat, and looked to see the chaos dying down.

"A few more of these and our prize must show themselves. Wouldn't you agree, Mimi?"

Zorua stood next to Zinnia, barking as she petted her, smirking. "Now then, what shall I steal tonight?"

****

"What the heck!? That wasn't how this was supposed to go! What gives!?" One Team Yell grunt yells, stepping back, his Pokemon beaten to a pulp.

Arms crossed, Gigalith stood before me, crushing the Team Yell losers who stood in my way. Having broken through the gate to Spikemuth and blocked me from my next gym battle, I had to battle my way through the town.

"What gives? You tell me, you block my progress to this gym over what? Some petty hopes that the girl you're cheering on is the only one who passes. If anyone complains about something unfair, it should be me. I should report this to Chairman Rose and get all of you shut down!"

Several more Team Yell members began to swarm me, all attempting to end my run here and now; ambushed on both sides, I stood back to Gigalith, smirking. "I think some people forget just who they're dealing with. Let's remind them, Arcanine!"

With Arcanine and Gigalith at the ready, I twirled my hand, giving the orders. "Gigalith, Rock Slide! Arcanine, Hyper Beam!"

All the opposing Pokemon were dealt with, and everyone fell silent as I juggled another Pokeball. "Anyone else wanna mess with me?"

"Wait, wait!" A voice echoed as a girl pushed through the crowd, scolding the Yell grunts. "Let him through, or better yet, let everyone else through you've been blocking."

One of the Team Yell grunts, dazed, muttering. "B-But Marnie."

Marnie shook her head, turning to me. "I'm sorry, Y/N, my fans are excited over cheering me on; they had been very mute until now when they started taking things too far."

Attaching my Pokeball to my belt, I returned Gigalith and Arcanine, sighing. "Whatever you say, Marnie. It makes you wonder, though, if you are as good as Team Yell loves to claim, why would they go out of the way to stop everyone else?"

Marnie looked away, biting her thumb. "It won't happen again. I'll take you to see my brother; I owe you that at least."

Arms behind my back, I began strolling through the town dump. I had no idea why anyone would choose to live here. It was so strange; all the other cities were far more appealing and respectful compared to this one. The Team Yell members were watching from the windows, clearly not happy I was there. Making it to the heart of the gym, the leader, Piers, was performing for the crowd as they were all going wild.