Delta Emerald Arc Chapter 6 - Gale of Darkness

My headache hadn't gone down since bonding with Mawile, It wasn't anything to worry about just a nagging feeling at the back of my mind. Leaning forward against the railing I looked out to the sea as we had far left Hoenn not looking back. Zinnia galloped down the steps stretching out taking in the fresh air. "Man, it feels good to take a breather. It's been so much touch and go since those thugs turned up. How are you holding up?"

"Hmm? Sorry, were you talking to me?" I mutter turning to Zinnia confused. 

"Never mind, I'm glad the plan went smoothly."

"By plan you mean Team Magma taunting Shadow Raquaza for as long as possible."

"It worked, didn't it? Are you sure leaving Iono behind was a good idea?"

Laughing at this I nodded. "I think it suits everyone best for her to stay behind. She's a gym leader, she can handle herself."

"Not long now until we reach the Orre region. Steven was in contact with the professor of the region before communications were cut. Hopefully, he's still waiting for us." Zinnia explained looking out to the ocean and taking a deep breath. "Man..."

"First time leaving your region?"

"Yeah... My people don't exactly get out often. This is only a temporary situation! We're returning to Hoenn as soon as possible you hear me!"

"Loud and clear boss," I smirk moving my wrist around and taking a moment to relax. "You can't tell me you've never wanted to go out there and explore though right? The world is such a big place, why settle on just Hoenn?"

Zinnia pondered on this leaning against the railing too whispering. "Truth be told, I'd like to see the stars one day."

"The stars? That's one ambitious goal for sure."

"What about you then? From the sounds of it, you've been all over." 

"You can say that. I come from Hisui... I mean Sinnoh, I wound on on Paldea after... An accident, I returned home to help with a case like this. But... I couldn't sit still, I had to see it all. I was on my way to Aloha when well you know what happened."

"A true Pokemon Trainer, taking on Gyms, capturing as many friends as possible. I knew a guy like that. He was one hell of a trainer and saved the world when I failed to rise to the challenge... Not this time. Not again."

"Zinnia..."

Ignoring my worries Zinnia turned shouting back. "Mr Briney, how much longer have we got?"

The old man looked out as a Wingull flew back. "Peeko says not much further. Land should be on the horizon."

"Hey! I see it! Zinnia come take a look!"

Zinnia stood on the railings making me flinch as she covered her eyes from the sun. "A whole new region... Wow."

****

Jumping off the ship I leaned back stretching. "Man, it feels good to be on land! So this is the Orre region... Maybe once this is all said and done Mimi and I should come back and challenge the gyms."

Zinnia flicked my head walking by. "Orre doesn't have any Gyms, making it not the most popular location for trainers like yourself. I was kind of hoping my first region away from home would be a little more pleasing to the eye."

Glancing around the small port town I smiled shrugging it off. "I say make the most of any place you visit. This place blows the water out of Jubilife Village and Hisui."

"Uh-huh. Anyways, we don't have time for sightseeing. The professor said he would station here for our arrival. That was a while ago, let's hope he's still here."