01

A TV played in the background of the little apartment the band shared in Olympia.

Krist's fingers digged themselves into the tobacco bag. Taking some out and adding it to the little white papers.

Proceeding to roll it with his large hands. Dave, turned his head to look at the bassist.

He swiftly licked it closed with his tongue. Dave felt his lips curl into a smile. But it imediantly faded.

Krist looked stressed. He wasn't necessarily smoking for the funzies, but rather due to anxieties.

"You okay?" Dave piped up. Watching how the tallest man's hand reached down and picked up the lighter.

He flicked it on. Igniting the bright orange flame as he lights the makeshift cigarette. Resting it in between his fingers.

He brought it up to his lips, taking a deep breath in of the smoke. Then slowly exhaled it out.

The white cloud of smoke rises into the room. His shoulders slowly slouch as he looked over at Dave.

"No." He sneered out. Dave pushed the little ashtray over to the bassist. He flicked his ashes into it as he sighed.

Dave knitted his dark colored eyebrows together. Staring at Krist with his brown-doe-eyes. He went over. He sat next to Krist.

Krist takes another drag of his cigarette. Relaxing himself with the deep inhales and exhales. He blew the smoke out into the room again.

"Why?" Dave spoke up. He wanted to help his best friend to the best that he possibly can.

Krist felt his hand get clammy. He wiped it onto the pair of jeans he is currently wearing.

"You didn't even notice Kurt's disappearance?" The tall latter asked towards the drummer.

Dave shifted how he sat on the couch. Crossing his legs into applesauce. He shakes his head.

Krist flicked more ashes into the ashtray. "Damn, Dave." He muttered out. He sets the cigarette into the tray.

Dave watched with a small frown growing onto his face. His chestnut gaze slowly makes their way back to the tall bass player.

Leaning back further into the couch, Krist exhaled the rest of the smoke from his last drag.

"He disappeared on us, i think a few days ago. After our performance down at Seattle." Krist told to the other guy.

Dave hummed softly. He curled some of his long brown hair behind his ear. Taking out a pack of gum, he opened it.

Taking one out, he unwrapped the little seel. Popping one into his mouth and began to chew onto it.

"I'm worried. Aren't you?" Krist asked. Sitting up on the couch. He held his head into his hands. Staring at the alcohol stained carpet.

Dave nodded his head. "Now that you mentioned this, of course I'm worried. Is he still at Seattle?"

Krist exhaled heavily. He lifted his head. Rubbing a hand through his darken locks. Blinking away the sudden tears that filled his tear ducts.

"I don't know." He croaked out. His hazel eyes slowly make their way over to look at Dave.

Dave felt a slight pain rise into his chest. He exhaled. It felt heavy. He continued to chew on his gum.

Clearing his throat, as he spoke with it in his mouth ; – "Maybe you should drive over there. I can stay here just in case if he comes back."

Krist slammed his large hand over his forehead. He groaned in distress as he pushed himself off the couch.

"Probably be best. I don't want him to get hurt - or anything." Krist mumbled. He puts his shoes on over his feet.

Walking over, he picks up the van's car keys. He slipped them into his jean pocket.

Grabbing his tan jacket that was hanging on the hook, he slipped it on over his tall self.

He opened the front door, turning his head to look at Dave. "Be back." He informed simply and left the house.

Shutting the door softly behind him.