18

Kurt and Krist are downstairs. Noticing the kitchen light is still on. The taller furrowed his eyebrows.

He heard a familiar voice speaking in the kitchen. Kurt simply walked in. "Oh it's Dave, he's on the phone." He croaked out to the bassist.

Dave turned his head. He smiled and gave a small wave to Kurt as he continued his phone call. "Yeah,I can visit you Jennifer."

Krist snickered from across the room. Kurt walked back over to the bassist. He started to tug Krist out towards the front door.

In a swift motion, Krist picked up the pack of cigarettes as the two went outside.

With a slam of the door, Kurt sat on the steps. Krist sat beside him. Flicking open the cigarette pack's lid.

He bit his lip softly as he handed Kurt a cigarette. Kurt yanked it out of Krist's hand. A smile rising on his face.

"Got a light?" He asked. Krist felt his stomach flip into butterflies. He felt lovesick. He nodded, taking the lighter out of his sweatpants pocket.

He handed it over. Kurt lights his cigarette. He exhaled the smoke into the cold air.

The two heard a car approach the home. It parked. The window rolled down, a woman's voice shouted out, "Hey! Is Dave inside?" It was Jennifer.

Krist stood up. "Yeah! I'll let him know you're here!" He called back in response.

The tall bassist got up on his bare feet. He walked himself to the door and before he opened it, Dave opened the door.

Dave has a giddy smile. He whispered into Krist's ear. "Im hanging with Jennifer so you can have bonding time with Mr. Cobain. ~ Uhm, I'll be back in a few days."

Krist felt his face warm up. Dave smirked and patted Krist's shoulder. "Get that secret exposed." He murmured and winked.

Then ran down the little steps to Jennifer's car. He got inside and left with her.

Krist stood there and watched for a moment. His face with a warm smile on it. Yet Kurt was confused.

He raised an eyebrow at Krist. "What's got you all smiley like the joker?" He asked, flicking his finished cigarette down.

He stomped on it with his barefoot and hissed silently. Krist noticed. The smile left.

He went over. "Kurt! Don't do that!" He scolded. Cerulean eyes rolled as Kurt stood up. "whatever, deed is done."

He patted Krist's shoulder and laughed. He handed Krist the cigarette pack. He then walked back into the home with Krist following in.

The door softly closed.