Part 5: They Found Us

Riley's POV 

My eyes opened at great speed as I felt danger approaching. Looking at Optimus I saw him opening his eyes as well. 

Tessa: "Dad!" 

I quickly stand up as I heard a helicopter approaching. Cade came running into the barn. 

Cade: "Somone is coming."

Me: "We need to leave." 

Cade: "It's too late. Hide here." 

Walking past us he began to remove some of the wooden boards on the ground. Optimus gave me Blue so he could help him. Under the boards on the ground, there was a big hole that was enough big for all of us. After the three of us were inside the hole Cade placed the boards back as they were before.

Cade: "I will distract them."

He left and I looked at Optimus. 

Me: "They found us."

Optimus: "It's alright Riley. I will not let them near you and our daughter."

Blue: "What's going on?"

Me: "It's an okay sweetheart. It's time for us to be quiet. You know just as we practiced."

I placed her head on my shoulder and listened as the cars surrounded the property. Threw my powers I was able to hear them speak.

Voice: "Mr. Yeager, my name's James Savoy." 

The moment I heard that name I shared a look with Optimus. 

Savoy: "I am a federal agent. My man and I are trying to track down an abanded truck."

Cade didn't respond.

Savoy: "It's a nice spread you got here. Too bad she's for sale."

Cade: "Well thanks. She's not. That the truck you mean?"

Savoy: "Afraid not. You know Mr. Yeager, we received a call from someone concerned about this truck. That wasn't you?

I shared another look with Optimus. Cade's friend must have been talking about the truck to someone. What if it was him that called them?  

Cade: "Only thing I'm concerned about is you being on my property without permission. You know we got a rule about people messing with people from Texas. And I don't know what truck you're talking about." 

Savoy: "The kind that cost American lives." 

I could feel anger rising inside of me. After everything that Autobots did for them. It wasn't their fault that the war started. They only wanted to finish it once and for all. And for what? So they could be haunted down? My family broke apart because of those people and I was not able to do a shit about it. 

Savoy: "Search the property!" 

Cade: "What do you mean, "Search the property"? You don't have a warrant."

Savoy: "My face is my warrant."

I could hear many of them walking and running around. I heard droids and helicopters in the distance. The barns doors opened and as Blue looked around Optimus showed her a sign to stay quiet. 

Voice: "Open, open, open."

Voice 2: "Short wall. Short wall."

Voice 3: "Five in. Five in."

Robot dog: "Intruder alert! Back away from the property."

Voice 4: "What the hell is that?

voice 2: "Just some dumb inventor."

Voice 5: "Clear." 

I could hear them just above us. I saw that they were about to point lights into the hole. Optimus took a hold of me and pulled me next to him into the darkness just in time.

Voice 4: "Let's go. There is nothing here."

As they left I could breathe in relief. 

Voice 4: "There is no sign of him. We got nothing."

Voice: "Sire we have a live-armed missile in the trash." 

Voice: "Live? I carried that to the trash. You told me that was a dud, dude. I could have been dead. Right?"

Cade: "Look. Okay, I found a truck all right. I towed it back for the parts. I left it here last night. This morning it's gone. When? Where? I don't know. I swear to God. That's as much as I know about him." 

I quickly looked at Optimus. He said: "him." 

Savoy: "Mr. Yeager." 

Cade: "What?" 

Savoy: "Excuse me. You just said: "him". Take them down!" 

Cade: "What?"

Tessa: "Ow! Let me go!" 

Cade: "They don't know about the truck! I know! Just let her go!" 

Savoy: "What kind of man betrays his flesh-and-blood brethren for alien metal? Get this guy out of my sight." 

Tessa: "Get off!" 

Cade: "Let her go! They don't know about the truck!" 

Savoy: "All right. Load up! Search the perimeter!" 

Tessa: "Lucas, you called, didn't you?!" 

Lucas: "No! I don't know any of these scary guys." 

Tessa: "Oh, God! You're manhandling a woman! I'll kick your ass!" 

Cade: "Let her go!" 

Tessa: "Daddy! Let me go!" 

Voice: "You're not going anywhere!" 

Tessa: "Daddy!" 

I looked at Optimus. 

Lucas: "No! You're not taking me anywhere! I am an American!" 

Voice: "Easy sweetheart!" 

Lucas: "Okay, okay, okay. All right. I was wrong." 

Tessa: "Oh, my God! Ahh!" 

Savoy: "Now, you got the seconds. Where is the truck?" 

I could hear Tessa crying. 

Cade: "You're going to shoot my little girl?" 

Savoy: "If I have to." 

Tessa: "Please don't shoot me! Please!" 

Optimus took a hold of my hand making me look at him. With his lips, he told me that he was able to transform, but I wasn't sure about it. But we needed to help them or they will kill them. 

Cade: "Look, I don't know. I told you everything that I know! He's gone! He left! He was in the barn, I swear to God! Just let her go!" 

Tessa: "Please, please!" 

Cade: "He was in there! Let her go!" 

Savoy: "Seven seconds." 

Cade: "I am telling you the truth!" 

Someone was on top of the hole again pointing the flashlight into the hole. A shot was fired making my heart stop beating for a second.

Savoy: "Two seconds." 

Tessa: "Dad!" 

Savoy: "Shoot her." 

Tessa: "Please!" 

At that moment bright light surrounded Optimus as he began to transform and I activated my powers.