Part 10: Hope Of Saving

Riley's POV

Optimus: "So, there's been no signs of any others?"

He asked as he stepped towards the Autobots. He and all the Autobots were in their original forms. They were worried that if we were found out here and they would be in their human states something could happen. But as long as I could feel we were alone.

Hound: "Nada."

Drift: "We are all that's left."

Crosshair: "They're picking us off, one by one."

Me: "Crosshair."

He quickly looked at me and his optics stopped on Blue which I was holding in my arms. Realizing that Blue was still away he gave me the look that he understood. They began to talk quietly making me look down at Blue who was almost sleeping in my arms. She felt safe and the bonfire that was in front of us was keeping her warm. She also had Optimuse's jacket over her keeping her extra warm. Her eyes slowly closed and her breathing became slower.

Shane: "So that's our best-case scenario? Autoboth witness protection?"

He asked making me look away from Blue towards him.

Cade: "Hey, Speed Racer, you're welcome to leave anytime."

He said as he looked at him as well. Cade was sitting next to me and Tessa was sitting next to him on his left side.

Shane: "Well, for the record, Superdad, I'm not hiding out here with you. I am hiding out with that guy."

He said as he pointed his finger at Optimus who approached us. His optics landed on Blue and a small smile appeared on his face.

Drift: "Sensei, with your and your mate's fate unknown, Bumblebee has held command, despite his complete and total lack of anything resembling warrior discipline."

He said as he pointed his katana at Bumblebee's way.

Drift: "He's like a child."

At that moment Bumblebee stood up and began to approach Drift.

Bumblebee: "This child is about to kick your ass."

Drift: "He brings us shame."

At that moment Bumblebee kicked Drift's katana on the ground and Drift jumped at him. They began to wrestle. I used my powers to keep Blue calm so she could continue sleeping and to forbid her to see her family fighting.

Tessa: "What's wrong with them?"

Autobots never fought or fight each other before our lives turned upside down.

Drift threw Bumblebee on the ground and placed his two katanas around his neck then he placed his head closer to him.

Drift: "Am I the long sage who sees through this puppy-dog eyes act? It's beneath you."

Crosshair: "Yes, I've been waiting for all of them to dispatch each other, so I could take charge with no trouble at all. Just me reporting to me."

Me: "Really Crosshair? Why do you stay with us then?"

I asked and he looked down at me. Realizing his mistake of words he placed his gun away which he pulled out just a few moments before.

Crosshair: "Because we are family."

Cade: "It's sure looked like you guys have been missed."

He said as he first looked at Optimus and then at me.

Optimus: "Autobots, Lockdown is hunting us and humans are helping. We need to know why."

Cade: "Well, listen, I don't know why, but I have an idea about who."

Me: "The droid."

I said as I remembered the droid he stole from the guys that were after us. He looked at me and nodded. Drift changed into his vehicle form so Cade could connect him with the droid. The video began to play and I immediately got sick to my stomach.

Me: "Ratchet."

In the video, we could see that he was begging attacked by humans. They were shooting at him without mercy. Before we could see what happened to him the video changed and we saw Leadfoot being attacked as well.

Hound: "That's Leadfoot."

Cade: "They are ripping him apart."

As much as I didn't want to see this I didn't look away. Leadfood wasn't a part of our family for a long time and he left a month before we were being targeted. But he was still an Autoboth and a being that deserved more than being ripped apart.

Hunter: "Savages."

Cade: "And late a truck comes and takes them away. KSI. Kinetic Solutions. Defense, aerospace, and government contracts. They designed this drone."

Shane: "So those guys cut you down then they send you to KSI?"

Cade: "The company headquarters is in Chicago. They could be where they were taken."

Optimus stood up and we shared a look. I know what he was thinking of and I was thinking of the same thing. If there was any way Ratchet was still alive we needed to rescue him.

Hound: "No way to get inside without a battle."

Me: "We need to get in. Ratchet needs us."

Cade: "Well, what if you have a human help?"

Tessa: "What are you guys' partners now?"

Cade: "Sweety we are targets now too. We need to know why or we will never get our lives back."

Optimus: "Aubotos I have sworn to never kill a human."

Hound: "Big mistake."

Optimus: "But when I found out who is behind all of this. He's going to die."

Me: "All are one."

Optimus: "All are one."

Autobots: "All are one!"

The next day...

The moment the sun rise we were on our way to Chicago. The moment the sun got up we were on our way to Chicago. I was sitting behind the wheel as Blue was sitting next to me and playing with her toy car. Chade, Tessa, and Shane were inside Bumblebee as he and other Autobots were following Optimus. 

It took us hours but when we finally came to Chicago we found a perfect hiding place. Tessa and Shane were in charge of stealing food and stuff that we needed to figure out more about KSI. When they came back I gave Blue some snack then I looked down at her.

Me: "I will be gone for an hour. Don't worry alright? Daddy will be with you."

She nodded and after kissing her on the cheek I stood up. I turned towards Optimus who stepped towards me in his human form.

Optimus: "Be careful out there."

Me: "Don't worry."

Optimus: "If something happens and they find you I will..." 

Me: "I know. Don't worry. We are getting our freedom back."

He took hold of my hand for a few seconds then me and Cade left.