Part 19: Sky Escape

Riley's POV 

When I contacted Hound with my earset he told me that they found Optimus and that he was alright. Thank you, Primus. But when I wanted to ask them about the location that we were meeting at someone destroyed our communications. It had to be Lockdown. I needed to get Cade, Shane, and Tessa out of this ship before we launched into space. 

Shane: "Where are we going, Riley?" 

Me: "We are leaving the ship." 

Coming outside the ship I saw that we were really high in the air and the only way down were the cables that were around the building. Crosshairs sabotage worked perfectly. 

Me: "You guys need to trust me on this one."

I said as I carefully stepped on the first cable. It wiggled under my weight but I was able to hold my balance. 

Tessa: "Oh, my God. I am not doing this. I am not doing that."

She said as Cade stepped on the cable next to me.

Cade: "Yes, we are."

Me: "It's stable. It would carry more than 3 tones."

Cade: "Come on."

He said as he offered his daughter a hand.

 Tessa: "No way." 

Cade: "Sweetie, you know why I am here? I'm here to protect you." 

Tessa: "You've done great at that." 

Cade: "I want you to trust me right now. Let's go." 

Tessa took hold of Cade's right hand as Shane took hold of her other hand and slowly all of them began to follow me. 

Me: "Don't look down! One step after another okay?" 

All of us were slowly getting closer and closer to the building. This reminded me of the first mission I went with Lennox and his team. Something similar to this happened to me and he was looking after me just in case I would fall. Who knew our friendship would even finish like this? Just then I noticed that the cables were getting thinner. 

Me: "Slowly now you guys. The cables are thinner here." 

Shane: "Shit!" 

Me: "Slowly and carefully." 

The cable became more cables and we all went on a different wire so we could take hold of other cables for support. 

Cade: "Step after step." 

Tessa: "Oh my God!" 

Shane: "Babe don't look down!" 

Cade: "Look forwards! Don't look down!" 

Me: "Come on we are going to be at the building in no time!" 

Shane: "You okay Tess?" 

Looking back to see if she was alright I saw her almost falling. 

Tessa: "Oh, my God! Oh, my God! DAD!"

She was on her knees holding the cable as much as she could. 

Me: "Tessa don't look down! Look at your dad!" 

Cade: "All right sweetie. You need to keep moving here, okay?" 

She didn't move. 

Cade: "Come on!" 

Tessa: "I'm freaking out!" 

Cade: "You need to move now!" 

Tessa: "I am not moving! I am going back to the ship!" 

She began to crawl backward towards the ship but she got really scared as the army planes drove above us. 

Cade: "Oh shit! You can't go back to the ship, honey!" 

Tessa: "Watch me!" 

Cade: "You are not 18 years old jet and you're gonna do what I say! Now let's go!" 

At that moment I saw a few robot hounds coming out from the way we came. 

Cade: "You must go this way not that way! Talk to her Romeo now!" 

Shane: "Come on, for God's sake!" 

Tessa: "Do not start with me." 

Me: "Guys...." 

The hounds jumped on the cables that we were on making me almost lose my balance. 

Tessa: "Oh my God what is that!" 

Me: "Tessa keep your eyes on us!" 

Cade: "Don't look back, honey!" 

Tessa: "Don't say that to me! Now I want to look back!" 

Cade: "It's noting major, swettie." 

Tessa: "That means it totally major!" 

Cade: "I am going to point this gun in your direction. It's going to feel like it's in your direction but it's not." 

Me: "You better hurry Cade!" 

Tessa: "You are going to kill me?!" 

Cade: "I had to bust my ass to get up here on this spaceship!" 

Shane: "Shoot it!" 

Cade: "Get down now!" 

The second Tessa went down Cade began to shoot at the hounds that began to run toward Tessa. Before they could get even a little bit close to Tessa, Cade killed them with many shoots he sent toward them. I saw that the rest of the hounds that did not go on the cable began to rip them apart with their sharp teeth and claws. 

Me: "Shit!" 

The cables began to shake horribly but before I could fall I grabbed the cables under me. As I looked at others I saw that they had the same problem. 

Cade: "Tessa, wait! I'm coming for you! Tessa! Oh!" 

I needed to do something before we all fall to our death. Just before the hound could rip the last cable apart there came Bumblebee and began to shoot at them. 

Me: "Hurry Bee!" 

Bumblebee: "I'm coming!" 

At that moment the last cable gave out. 

Me: "BUMBLEBEE!" 

All of us screamed as we began to fall toward the hard ground. Suddenly a black hand caught me. Bumblebee caught Tessa, Cade, Shane, and me with his left hand as he was holding the loose cable with his right hand. We crashed into the building and as we began to slide down it Bumblebee stop our sliding with his empty hand. I looked up at him with a grateful smile. 

Me: "Amazing job Bee." 

Cade: "You are the best Bee! You are the best!"

Bumblebee: "You're damn right! And don't ever forget it!" 

Looking at Shane I saw that he fainted. Poor Shane. Cade grabbed his head and made him look at him even taught he was out. 

Cade: "You see that? Huh? Look at me!" 

Tessa: "Dad leave him alone." 

Cade: "The guy fainted." 

Voice: "Riley! Bumblebee!" 

Hearing Crosshair's voice I saw him flying towards us with a small Cybertronian ship. 

Crosshair: "Enemy ship coming in hot. Get on! Get on!"