Chapter Sixty - Seven - The First Day Of The Rest Of Your Life

Everyone was ready to fight. Guns in hand and together, plan in play. Not only were there people of Alexandria but also Jadis and her group. The numbers were good and so were the number of guns. Hedley was beside Carl, both with a gun and head strong.

A signal rang out.

"Rosita. Get into position." Rick ordered from his place on watch, "I'll signal you. And the wall's gonna hold?"

She nodded, "It'll hold."

Vehicles approached with Eugene on top, speaking through a megaphone.

"All points are covered. Every contingency is already met. I come armed with two barrels of the truth. A test is upon you, and I'm giving out the cheat sheet." The vehicle stopped and Eugene looked at Rick, "H-Hello. I come salved with the hope that it is my dropped knowledge that you heed. Options are zero to none. Compliance and fealty are your only escape. Bottom-lining it -- You may thrive, or you may die. I sincerely wish for the former for everyone's sake. The jig is up and in full effect. Will you comply, Rick?"

"Where's Negan?"

"I'm Negan."

The words made Hedley growl under his breath.

Rosita clicked the button and everyone went down and waited for the bomb to go off. It didn't. Silence rang out.

That was until the clicks of guns. Jadis and her group had their guns pointed to Rick and his people. The taste of betrayal was a sour one.

Jadis smiled at Rick, her gun to his head, "We win."

Negan came out from his truck, swinging his bat at his side, "You ever hear the one about the stupid little prick named Rick who thought he knew shit but didn't know shit and got everyone he that gave a shit about killed?" He used the bat to point at Rick, "It's about you."

Carl and Hedley stood up, keeping hold of their guns but cautious with every move. Hedley's heart was thundering.

"We had a deal." Rick snarled at Jadis.

She just shrugged, "Tamiel came for the boat things. Followed ones who took. Made a better deal."

Negan spoke again, "You push me, and you push me. And you push me, Rick. You just tried to blow us up, right? I mean, I get me, my people. But Eugene? He's one of yours. And after what he did -- He stepped up. You people are animals. Universe gives you a sign, and you just shove your finger right up its ass. Dwight, Simon, chop-chop."

The two revealed a coffin and stood it up.

"So, you don't like Eugene anymore. You guys gotta like Sasha." The name sparked in everyone around, eyes alert, hope dimming. "I do, too. Got her right here packaged for your convenience, alive and well. Now, I brought her so I wouldn't have to kill all of you, and not killing all of you could get complicated. See, I know there's a lot of firepower left in there, Rick. So I'm gonna make this simple. I want all the guns you've managed to scrape up. Yep, I know about those, too. I want every last grain of lemonade you got left. I want a person of your own choosing for Lucille." His eyes met Hedley and he exclaimed, "And Hedley! Ohhhh, baby! I'm gonna need my Hedley back."

Hedley had a face of pure anger. Carl had the same look as they stared down at the enemy.

"And the pool table and all the pool cues and chalk." Negan carried on, liking the sound of his own voice, "And I want it now or Sasha dies, and then all of you. Probably. C'mon, Rick. Just because I brought her in a casket doesn't mean she has to leave in it." He chuckled. "You know what? You suck ass, Rick. You really do. I don't want to have to kill her, but that's exactly what you're gonna make me do."