Chapter 21: Sector 2

Pain shoots through my stomach. My hearing becomes clear. All I hear is a buzzing sound. I open my eyes and see a bright light. I quickly close my eyes.

"Katniss, don't strain yourself." A women's voice says. In my head? Or my soul? Am dead right?

"Katniss..." The voice says again.

I open my eyes. The light, making me blink. A women in white stands above me. Her blonde shiny hair slicked back into a pony tail. She young for a woman.

"Where am I? Who are you? Where is Peeta?" I begin to say. Tubes connected to my arms and a bandage wrapped around my stomach. Since I moved, it's slightly stained with blood.

"All your questions will be answered." The women grabs a metal chair. The room is a pure white. To my right is a mirror, taking up the space of the whole wall.

"Why aren't I dead? How did I arrive here?" I begin.

"We had inside connections. Your mentor Haymitch Abernathy, for example. Plutarch Heavensbee as well." the woman says. "Those bombs were us. Not your death. Destroying the force field. We picked you up and took you away. Everyone away." Silence.

"My name is Lira Cyprus. Call me Cyprus." Cyprus says. "You're in Sector 2."

"Sector 2? What, District 2?" I choke out. Sector? A panem citizen would never mistake a District as a Sector.

"No. Sector 2." Cyprus corrects me.

"What exactly is a Sector?" I ask.

"My home." She replies.

"Where is your home?" I say curiously.

"Panem has told you that certain areas around Panem had been destroyed, or have been abandoned, or sunken...Truth is, that is where our sectors originate." She explains. "The only truth Panem has told citizens, is that North America under went terrible wars that separated the country that was here before us, The United States. But after 50 years of separation, we came together as a country named Téleios. It was supposed to reunite everyone again. 30 years, one person decided to rebel against our ways. Soon a war tore Téleios apart. The rebels became Panem and we became Nemesis."

"Soon Panem, was breaking apart and created The Hunger Games." Cyprus adds. "You'd knew all about those."

"And Nemesis? Had they had any wars?" I ask. It was a lot to take in. Considering Panem were rebels. Now they want to kill me because I'm a rebel. Pathetic.

"No, we were more civil. Structured. Precise. Perfect." She gloats.

"Are you a doctor?" I ask. She knows to much to be a doctor.

"No, but I think you already knew that. I'm the person that will help you take down Panem." She enlightens me.

"Where's Peeta? And Johanna?" I ask.  

"Patience. We must get you repaired first." She says. She exits the room.

I need to see Peeta now. My hands are strapped down. I won't be able to search. And I don't know this "sector". 

I try to comprehend everything told to me still. Why didn't Haymitch tell me! Tell us. Why! I begin to get angry. My face hot. My heart pounding. He lied to us, no, he keep a secret from us. A big secret! The kind you don't keep from the people you try to save.