Epilogue

Peace and quiet is all I hear now. The sounds of animals and the tree branches swaying in the wind. I sit and ponder in the tall grass about what Peeta might be making for dinner, how Haymitch and Peeta will later play chess and Finnick will be knotting some rope. We will try to keep smiles on our faces, though we all know none of us are the same. 

 We don't talk about who have passed. We try and forget, although it's so hard to let go of loved ones. Peeta has put up things around the house that remind us of them. Small enough that we won't break down when we see it, but smile. Like freshly cut Primroses on the kitchen table or leaving an axe in the wood outside. Pictures we're taken down. We've decided when the time was right we would slowly place them in their appropriate spots. Finnick lives next to us, but he's always in our company. It was a rule Finnick wouldn't be alone, especially in a time of vulnerability. Haymitch visits from sunrise to sundown. 

 Peeta never leaves my side and I hope he doesn't. He is the only one who keeps me from drifting off into insanity. Peeta has kept all of us leveled. 

 Some people around, that live in what's left of District 12, leave us alone. They don't greet us and we ignore their existence. Life will get better. It will become easier to go through each day. One day we will heal but be left with a scar.

 It might feel like the end but we will be okay.