Chapter 20

(Y/n)'s POV:

Ashido charges for me using her acid to go faster by skidding, like I showed her in the last round. I readied myself but remained still. If she is coming at me at that speed without proper practise beforehand, she will struggle to slow down. I'll use that. I wait.

"I'm gonna' get ya, (Y/n)~ " she throws acid at me, and I ducked, but I didn't run away. My feet planted themselves until the last second, which I jumped to the side and rolled, I turn to face her and see she is still coming for me, she maneuvered  and came for me giving me an uppercut. When I fall backwards, I place my hands on the floor and kick my legs up, kicking her in the face and doing a walkover and land in the crouching position. I looked up at her, falling back from the kick, and she readied herself, rubbing her chin with one hand. Before she could react, I jumped up and forwarded and punched her square in the face. 

She fell backwards and landed on her ass. I then kneeled one knee next to her, and the other kneed her in the stomach, making her cough and choke. I stood up and walked next to her, grabbed her stomach, and places her forehead on the ground after she crawled onto her knees. I could tell she was holding her breath.

"Ashido, give in. I am not going to go easy on you just because you see me as your 'BFF'. I still do not know what that means, but I am guessing it has got something to do with friendship."

She giggles and looks up at me while still holding her stomach. She grunts out,

"I guess I will have to teach you the meaning of all of these things then. Heh heh.."

She then struggles but stands nevertheless. 

"You may be my best friend (Y/n), but I am not gonna willingly surrender to you. I haven't lost yet!!" she then throws a sloppy punch at me and obviously misses, I take this opportunity to come up next to her and karate chop the back of her neck, and she falls unconscious.

I quickly turn back and catch her with one arm and then host her over my shoulder, so I am carrying her like a fireman.

"Sorry, Ashido. But Ejirou would be sad if you were hurt anymore than this. I have seen the way he looks at you."

"Ashido is unconscious. Kirishima wins and moves on."

The crowd erupts in cheers as I ignore the medic bots and carry her to the recovery girl's office.

Once I get there, I lay her on a bed, and I notice the bruise forming on her chin. Woops, the recovery girl can handle that just fine. I didn't break any of her bones, so she should be fine. I then start walking back to the stands where my classmates and Ejirou are when I let my mind wander back to the match. Ashido was able to control her movements on her acid much better than I anticipated. What is with UA? All of the students smashed my expectations and did something that I wasn't expecting. I thought that I was able to read people and determine their thoughts and attacks?

Another thing, who was it that Bakugou was talking to? I will ask him in a minute when I get back. Everything has been turned on its head since I got to UA. The villain attack at the USJ, Midoryia, Bakugou, my feelings and thoughts, and now this? What is going on?

Bakugou, Midoryia... is this you're doing? You two seem to be at the centre of everything that happens with our class. You must have something to do with it... right?

I walked to the stands where the rest of my classmates are and I sighed seeing that Bakugou wasn't there. I really wanted to know who was with him. I guess he is preparing himself for his battle against Uraraka in a minute. I'll head down there now then and see if I can find him. I need to know, was it Todoroki? Or someone else-