Chapter 26

Bakugo's POV:

What the fuck just happened? Her face. It started glowing red. It looked like she had a circular shaped pattern on her face? Shitty hair came running over, he held her hand as she passed out. Judging by his reaction, he doesn't know what happened either, so I won't bother asking.

They took her away on a stretcher as Midnight walked over to me and knelt down in front of me.

"You OK? Do you know what happened?"

"I dunno what the fuck happened! And no, I'm not fine, I didn't win that bloody fight!"

She looked at me with pity. Fuck off bitch. She turned her mic on again before announcing the situation.

"Due to some unforseen events, Kirishima (y/n) is unable to battle therefore Bakugou Katsuki is the winner and moves on to the finals where he will face off with Todoroki Shoto."

"What!? FUCK NO!! I DIDNT WIN! I DIDNT WIN!!! I DONT ACCEPT THIS, WAIT UNTIL THE BITCH WAKES UP!!!"

The crowds cheers drowned out my voice.

Goddammit...

I turned and stomped off. I walked through the tunnel and I saw a man leaving through the fire exit. Why did he leave through there? The exit is right there..

I got curious and followed him out the fire exit.

He looked shady anyway. He had a long dark grey trenchcoat and a suit with a red shirt. He also had a hat and sunglasses. If he was a villain, then I could get him. No, I'm exhausted thanks to the battle. Fuck.

Wait... did he do that to the shitty girl? I'll kill him if he did. But, what would his motivation be?

I opened the door barely and saw the man getting into a white van. The sliding door was opened for him. Before the door closed, he sat and opened his flip phone and looked at the building.

Who has flip phones anymore? That was hella fishy. I'll question the bitch when she wakes up, maybe she knows something.

I go back inside and bump into someone.

"Urgh, sorry young man- young Bak- I mean, young man, you were the one fighting my...grand daughter earlier."

"You, you're the old fart claiming to be her grandfather! I see through you. Who are you really?! What did you do to her!!!???"

The old, blonde man looked shocked.

"Young man... I didn't do that to her. I just wanted to see her earlier before her battle because I haven't seen her in such a long time...."
He rubbed the back of his neck while waving his other hand at me.

"Right. Is that why she was confused when I mentioned you? And is that why that creepy man was potentially fleeing after her meltdown? Who. The. Fuck. Are. You?!"

Sparks came from my hands. I am done with the lies. Who is this old man? What did he do to her? I won out of default because of him!!! I hate that!!!

"SPILL IT!!"

"My name is Toshinori Yagi, young man. I AM both (Y/n) and Ejirou Kirishimas' grandfather. I have been abroad until now. I came back for the festival. I don't look like them because I married into the family. My wife passed away 6 years ago. I didn't do anything to hurt her. She is my granddaughter. I would NEVER hurt her. I understand you care for my granddaughter. However, you should be looking for a culprit elsewhere. I'm sorry, but I can not help you, nor do I know that man."

I squint my eyes at him. He seems persistent. However, I don't fully believe him.

"Alright then. I guess I'm sorry for ya loss... stay away, though. I don't know if I trust ya or not. You lied about something. I can tell. I dont know what, but you are hiding something. So just stay away."