𝙃𝘼𝙏𝙀 ; 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

once arrived at the port mafia headquarters, dazai waited for you to move. for you to decide when you wanted to go in.

but all you could do was groan.

"he's going to hate me. i can feel it." your hands ran through your [h/c] hair, running through some of the knots the wind had caused the previous night, "and he's going to kill you."

"same old, same old." he shrugged, awaiting your approval to head inside. "i'm ready whenever you are." he reached overtop of you and into the glove compartment, gripping at his gun before shoving it into his pocket. glancing over at you.

"well, no matter how long i wait, it's still gonna be the same result." you sighed, opening your door and getting out, dazai doing the same.

the two of you walked into the building, shoulder to shoulder. earning a few weird glances from some of chuuyas subordinates that you had met earlier on, some whispers being heard around different corners of the main entrance.

"we just have to make it to moris office." his voice quiet, mumbling in your ear. "you can do that, right?" he breathed through his mouth, sighing when you nodded to him.

he kept his hand on the low of your back, guiding you to where he knew the bosses office still was. he could feel the way you tensed when you seen someone. the way your breathing picked up as you got closer and closer to chuuyas bedroom, as well as his office nearby.

you wanted to scream. tell him you were sorry, tell him that you would marry him, even if it was against what you had wanted. you wanted him to hug you, envelop you in his warmth. tell you that he wasn't mad.

but after all, that isn't quite how things go.

most of the walk up to the bosses office was a blur, except for the occasional confused glances. you remembered those.

what pulled you out of your uncomfortable state was him. of fucking course it was him.

his hair was disheveled, his clothes messy, eyes showing signs of exhaustion. his gaze met yours, those bright blue eyes going a lot dimmer the second he noticed you beside dazai, wearing his clothes. his fists tensed, before ultimately un-tensing, deciding that it wasn't worth it. you made your decision, and it just so happened that he wasn't it.

he so badly wanted to talk to you. to even hear your voice. but even he knew, the second he spoke to you; he would break down. telling you how he was worried fucking sick. so he continued on walking by. praying that you would be back in his arms by tonight.

what killed him the most was seeing dazais hand on your back. where his hands should've been. he should've been the one to comfort you, the one to tell you that it was alright.

but after all, you still chose dazai over him.

dazai knocked on the door three times consecutively, waiting for some sort of response afterwards.

"come in."

once the doors were opened, he pushed you inside, closing them behind the two of you, keeping his hand on your back as he guided you to the desk.

"is there any missions she can go on?" his voice laced with venom as he spoke to his former boss, the air becoming thicker than it had been when it was just the two of you. "she's doesn't want to be here for the day."

the boss scanned through his papers before coming across one with some letters on the front that you couldn't make out. "there's some people at the other port causing some trouble for us. it won't take all day, but it'll keep you busy." he handed you a file, your eyes skimming through it; noticing the very few photographs that were laced against some files describing people.