An important call

After she finished reviewing the article, she put the papers in the bag that she would use tomorrow, and stood in front of her large wardrobe. She was not confused this time as she always was, she decided to wear something simple.
Unusually, Samiha decided to wear what suits the work atmosphere, and to wear a light perfume and a little makeup that suits her being a journalist with a message and the morning and work atmosphere. She chose suitable shoes and prepared everything she needed to go to the magazine tomorrow.
She went to the bathroom attached to her room, bathed in warm water, felt numbness spread through her body, she no longer wanted to relive those painful memories that she was addicted to hearing from Naima, she would ask her to stop telling her story, she would decide how to deal with her father according to his personality, if it was useful and helped him In his works, perhaps his view of them changed.
She finished her bath, put on comfortable cotton clothes to sleep, dried her hair and put some nutrients on her skin, she went to her bed feeling a strong desire to sleep, but she remembered something before she put her head on the pillow, she took her phone and set the alarm at half past six in the morning, she will wake up early this morning for the first time The first, after completing her studies, is now the author of the message, and she must take advantage of every second of her life.
She put her mobile phone back on the comedone, put her head on the pillow, turned off the lights, and imagined herself presenting the article to Professor Shihab Al-Baghdadli. He would yell at her as he does with everyone, but this time she would not hide from him, but rather face her with a confident smile and politely ask him to read her first article. He notes his remarks, if there are any, and she will promise him that she will correct what he said and that she will not repeat such mistakes in her future works.
I imagined Noha's joy while she was reading the article and praising it. She would embrace and kiss her and invite her to have lunch with the one who Noha preferred. They would spend the rest of the day together talking and benefiting from Noha's experience. She would write down in her mind every note she said and act on her advice that she had neglected for years. At the end of the day, she would go with her to her home. For a long time, when she met Mama Shams, she became very lonely now, and she did not know the reason for that, and she was the one who used to avoid meeting her in the past.
But what really baffles her is how Mustafa and Mona will react, will Mona feel jealous of her as she was feeling towards her? Or will she not care about the change that happened to her because she does not think about her matter in the first place? Perhaps they became friends later, and perhaps their competition for success flared up.
And Mustafa, what will he say to her? Will she hint in his eyes that he is proud of her? Or will he be envious of her because for the first time she wrote an article and her name will be published in the magazine, and not a single letter has been published for him yet? Will he agree to help him with his book and share the glory with him?
Many questions followed her and many dreams she wished to see in her sleep, fantasies, joy, smiles, looks of admiration and praise for the new journalist who is rediscovering herself with the help of her loyal friend Noha. lethargic
Nabil woke up from his sleep the next morning at half past six. Today, he is assigned a special job with the police secretary, Rajaee, which Nabil had never done before in his career, so the station warden nominated him, Al-Amin Rajaee, to be his assistant.
This is not the first time that Rajai has worked with him. He investigated many crimes and Rajai worked under his command in most of them. His job taught him not to trust any of his subordinates, but as the days went by, Nabil granted Rajai some cautious confidence. He tried him in more than one matter and the truth. My hope did not disappoint Nabil in him, and today is a new but easy task. What made him give my hope this cautious part of his confidence is that my hope has a human part in which he deals with the citizens. A citizen, as he respects the elderly and the elderly in a way that some consider exaggerated in their field of work, but this is a point that made Nabil respect this man.
It is Nabil's habit, when he wakes up, to stay in his bed for a few minutes, then straighten up and sit with his head propped on the bed window for a few minutes, then start moving. He gets up from the bed, spreads his arms wide, goes to his bathroom, throws his clothes off, and stands under the shower, enjoying himself. He took a cold morning shower, even if it was a harsh winter, a habit he had acquired since he was in the police academy. He wrapped a towel around his waist and stood in front of the sink. He looked at the mirror hanging above him. He rubbed his chin with his fingertips. He had to shave it.
He got dressed and left his room at about seven. He should arrive at his workplace a little before eight. He opened the door of the apartment and left. He went down the stairs in an activity. On his shoulder was a leather bag containing everything related to his personal matters. He left the door of the building, greeted the doorman, and hurried He got into his car, clean as he used to see it every morning. The doorman washed it in return for an agreed-upon amount of money on a monthly basis. Nabil paid him the money and added it on religious occasions. He drove off and opened the window window. He loved the air of Cairo in the morning, fresh with the breezes of the Nile near his place of residence.
He stopped in front of a small restaurant on the side of the road, one of the workers hurried and gave him a paper bag containing his daily order, a sandwich of old turkey cheese, another of creamy cheese, and a third of fig jam with butter, some green olives, a small box containing some chopped vegetables, and a cup of coffee. The American Nabil took the bag and cup from the worker, gave him the money and drove to his workplace. He ate his breakfast and drank his coffee on the way. Fortunately for him, the roads are not as crowded in the morning as it is usual at this time every day, perhaps because school and university vacations began weeks ago.
Nabil arrived and parked his car behind the police station in a place reserved for officers' cars. He got out of his car, looked at his mobile phone. It's a quarter past eight now. He signed the usual books and headed to his office. He opened the door and entered. He greeted Captain Nashat, the officer from whom he will take over the job. Nashat smiled welcoming Nabil and stood up to shake hands with him, saying, They shook hands amicably. Everyone respects Nabil here. They feel that he is different because of his good spirit and cooperation. Nashat Nabil said while standing in front of the office:
- Good morning, Nabil Pasha.. always before your appointment.
- Work is work, Neshat Pasha.. but what does all these cigarettes smell like?! Your health, my son.
Nashat laughed while telling him:
- My job is bombing my life, I swear to God, Pasha.. I mean, she got on the cigarettes, I mean?! The important thing is that I come to my needs in a moment and leave you, Pasha.
- Go ahead.
Nashat picked up his pack of cigarettes, the cigarette lighter, the day's newspapers, and his mobile phone. Nashat gave the farewell greeting to Nabil and left. Nabil rang the office bell, and a soldier entered and ran quickly, giving Nabil the military salute. Nabil smiled at him and asked him:
- what is your name?
- Thank him Pasha.
- Uncle, I ask you about your name, not about your condition.
The soldier smiled and said:
- No, Pasha.. My name is Nahamdeh.
- Well, uncle, we praise him.. Take this ashtray and throw it away and wash it well.. I don't want any smell in it.. We dry it and put it here..
Nabil pointed to a small cupboard containing some work files, and Nabil continued:
- On top of this cupboard.. I'm sorry, open the window before you walk.
- At your command, Pasha.
Nahamdeh opened the window, took the blackout and left. Nabil turned off the air conditioner and sprayed some sprays of air freshener. He put his personal leather bag in one of the desk drawers, after he took out his mobile phone. On an incoming call, he turned the screen to see the name of the caller. His mother called him unusually. He pressed the green button. He placed the phone on the desk, relying on the earphones in his ear.