A bride

Nariman looked at Abdullah, who signaled her to complete the call and not agree to his daughter's request. Nariman quickly said:
- No, then what?
- No, the work is complete, and I almost finished all the courses, there are only two weeks left, and the last subject I finish..
- Ok, praise be to God.. What are my hopes, my heart, and you cheated me?
Samiha laughed a short laugh in an attempt to collect her thoughts and arrange them. She said after a few seconds:
- Honestly, I would like your advice.
- Hmmmmm.. say, my love.. you know that we have been friends for a long time.. say.
Samiha was silent for another few seconds, while Abdullah sat attentively, staring at Nariman's phone, listening intently. Samiha sighed and said:
- I got acquainted with a young man, and I see him as a good and strong man, and he wants to propose to me, and I am afraid that my father will not agree to him...
Nariman interrupted her:
- Why doesn't he agree with him?! Is his job brutal?
- No, this is a police officer.
- Good.. Ok, is he poor, for example?
- He is not poor and not rich.. He is normal, and as for Baba, he remains poor.
Nariman and Samiha laughed while Abdullah was still staring at the phone. Nariman said, trying to keep up with Samiha:
- Anyone in Egypt next to your father will be poor, by the way.
- Look, Nariman.. He told me everything about him.. A police captain.. His father was in the army and now the head of the Shalateen Center.. His father had a food supplement factory, but it did not work well and lost a lot, and he handed it over to a big businessman.. His mother is from a large family Strong from the sirs of the past.. but..
Nariman was silent for a while and did not respond. Samiha spoke again, saying:
- Oh, I remembered something else.. He is a member of the Equestrian Club, and he has a purebred Arabian mare, and he is still behind. He asked Yunus for permission to ride Trijana and to participate in the championship, which is also a few days ago.
- I mean, did he meet Yunus?
- Oh, he met him.. He went to the factory and asked him for permission.. But that was before he knew that Yunus was my brother, and that means.
Nariman looked at Abdullah and indicated to him what she was saying. He told her in a low voice while moving his lips to read them:
- What is his father's name?
Nariman echoed Abdullah's question:
- And Baba, my heart, what is his name?
- His name is Shawkat.. I remembered the businessman who now runs the factory of his father. His name is Rifaat Al-Jamil, he was a colleague of his father in the army..
Rifaat Al-Jamil's name rang in Abdullah's ear, his lips swayed as he slowly drew his inhale. Samiha continued her words:
- I met his mother today at the equestrian club..a strong class..a true girl..
- And did you know his mother's name?
- Ah.. Shwikar..
- Shwikar eh?
- Al-Banduqdari shwikar..
Nariman remained silent, and Abdullah looked at the ceiling of the room, then shook his head slightly and raised his right eyebrow approvingly of what he was hearing. Samiha continued:
- Do you remember the officer who survived the attempted murder a few weeks ago?
- The officer who was at the Al-Bundaqdari Palace?
- uh he?
- What is left?
- This is what I'm talking to you about.. and he was going to the palace at that time to visit his aunt..
Nariman looked at Abdullah, wondering if he wanted to ask his daughter any question or inquire about a specific thing, he indicated to her that he was satisfied with what he heard and all he wanted to know was his name only, I asked Nariman about his name and told her about it, Abdullah stood up after wrapping a large towel around His waist and headed towards the bathroom attached to the room and entered and closed the door tightly so as not to leak any sound.
Nariman hung up and went back to talking to Samiha and asked her:
- Do you love him, Samiha?
- I don't know whether I love him or not like him or not what exactly.. but it's true that the first person I see and he stays close to me and he is not greedy for my father.
- And did you know how this happened?
- He liked me before he knew who I was.. He liked my person, I mean, he was the son of my aunt Noha, my friend whom I met once in the channel's studio..
- Yes, that's how I gathered.. Ok, my love, if this is how you feel about him, and you're sure of his love for you, don't rely on God.
Samiha asked Nariman to help her prepare for Abdullah and try to convince him of this marriage. Nariman almost laughed, had it not been for Abdullah's exit from the bathroom, completely naked, preventing her laughter. To talk to Samiha and she promised to help her, Nariman ended the call, Abdullah asked her:
- What do you help her with?
- Complete your clothes, but we will talk.
- No, tell me when I'm dressed, because I have to go home quickly.
Nariman started to help him get dressed, telling him that Samiha asked her to help her convince him of Nabil. Abdullah said while putting on his socks:
- I have no objection to marrying anyone, but on two conditions.. The first is that he truly loves her and is not greedy..
- And the other?
- He is the son of Osoul.. This boy is the officer, and according to her words, there is the second condition.. Of course, I will still be sure.. If the first condition applies to him, I will definitely agree.. Write to him any information you know about him now in a piece of paper.
Nariman took out a piece of paper from the drawer of the commune and wrote in it all the information she knew about Nabil and his family. Then she searched for the news about the attempt to kill him and sent the link to Abdullah on WhatsApp so that he could see his picture. Abdullah waved farewell to Nariman after he kissed her and returned, pretending that he did not know anything.
Samiha hurried towards her father's office when Naima informed her of his arrival. She knocked on the office door with a trembling hand. She heard her father's voice allowing Tariq to enter. She entered and found him sitting at his desk with some files in front of him, looking at her. He looked at her and asked her to sit down. Samiha sat on the edge of the chair and Abdullah returned. He looks at the papers in the files in front of him. The silence is long, and Abdullah is anxious for his daughter, Samiha, to begin her speech, whose details he knows, but Samiha feels ashamed.
- Is there anything you want to say, Samiha?
Samiha was confused and remained standing in her place and did not speak. Abdullah smiled at her and said:
- What's wrong with you.. Want money?
- No.. No, Dad, thank you with me.. Your goodness has drowned me, by God.
- Ok, what is the new Arabic? You don't like it.. Even if you don't like it, I won't change it.. This was your choice, and with Nariman's help, I mean, there is no invitation.. You want her to change it, so let Nariman change it for you at her expense..
Abdullah laughed quietly, trying to break any barrier between him and Samiha. Samiha clasped her fingers and said hesitantly:
- No, Dad, Arabic is sweet and strong.. I...
Abdullah looked at her, waiting for her to complete the rest of her words, but Samiha returned to her silence again. Abdullah began to feel bored, but he did not show it. He said to her in courtship:
- Don't worry, I'm working on my account, and you'll travel to Europe before the channel opens. You'll go and get all the clothes you want from there.. Is there anything else?
- Honesty, dad, uh, in..
- goodness? Tell me..
- I.. I.. I.. there is someone who wants to propose to me.
Abdullah looked at her carefully, then said with a smile:
- Who is this lucky son?
- Ibn Tant Shweikar..
Samiha said it in a low voice. Abdullah put his hand behind his ear and asked:
- who?
- One is a police officer named Nabil Shawkat.
- And did you know when and how?
- Noha's aunt's son, my friend.. We got to know each other in the magazine in Noha's office.. He was visiting her by chance. He saw me and Noha spoke to me.. That means..
- that's it?
- Oh, is that what you are?
- Well, do you know any information about him.. Do you know anything about him.. about his family.. his father.. his mother.. his family.. his financial condition.. does he have an apartment?
- No, Dad, I don't know.
- really! I mean, Noha didn't tell you anything about him and his situation and circumstances?
Samiha fell silent again and then said:
- He works in a police station in Giza. All that I know about him is him personally.
- When is this?
Samiha got confused and said:
- By chance, papa.
- I ask you when you say not how.
- Oh, today I was checking on Trijana and I met her there.
Abdullah approached Samiha and said to her affectionately:
- You have grown up, Noha, and you have become a bride.. Do you know how many people talked to me about you?
- how much?
- Too strong.. but I didn't agree because they were all greedy for me.. just leave me for two days and I'll either tell you to come visit us there.. or tell you to cancel this topic completely and remove it from your brain.
Samiha shook her head approvingly, kissed Abdullah and went back to her room, not knowing what her father intended. Abdullah returned to his seat behind the desk and called Khaled, his son, and told him all the details.